Thread: Weihrauch HW55 custom match valuation please

Weihrauch HW55 custom match valuation please

Hi guys

I have a very good condition HW55 custom match. I purchase the gun this year and it is in very good condition with the original diopter sights fitted. The power was initially very low over the chrono, 2.5Ftlbs. This later proved to be due to a perished leather piston seal . The gun was serviced and a replacement synthetic seal was fitted. The gun is lovely to shoot now with very little recoil as you would expect
    and power is 6Ftlbs. I am considering selling the gun as I had planned to use it for outdoor 25yd bench rest competitions but never got round to using it. I would appreciate opinions regarding value. I will post photos if I can work out how to do it.

Best regards
    Stuart

The CM, if you don’t know, is a rare variant from the mid-70s onward, by which time the FWB300, Anschutz 250 and the Giss Dianas had replaced the recoiling rifles at the top end of the market. So they were obsolete when new, or at least obsolescent. Meaning they are rare.

They are also nice, and their 1970s obsolescence is irrelevant given that none of the above has been truly competitive at 10M since the late 1980s. All are now for collectors, precision plinkers, or bell target.

Until recently, I’d have said £200-250. I still think I should say that, as that’s the price level that a re-sealed Diana 75 or an FWB 300 commands. Why should a slightly inferior Weihrauch cost more?

I have though recently seen nice HW55s going for quite a bit more. Maybe that’s coincidence on a few sales, or a fad, or one obsessive collector buying choice items. I don’t know. I’ve not seen the same thing with other classic target rifles, unless they are v special, like Walthers with tyrolean stocks and set triggers.

So my gut feeling is it would sell almost instantly at £200, and reasonably quickly at £250. Ask £350-400 and I have no idea. Maybe no takers, or maybe you strike lucky.

Sorry for not giving you an authoritative assessment, but I hope this explains why and gives you some food for thought.

Hw55

I brought a HW55MM for £225 this year on fair condition. On the other hand I had a lovely HW55T for sale at £475 and couldn't sell it. £345 would be a fair price? Mach 1.5

Its all in the condition and looks. There is a HW collector's following which will pay good prices for rare and or good looking HW rifles.
    If it looks great with some colour to the wood then it should be on par with a HW35E/Vixen so £350. Above that starts to get into competing with something truly special, so my gut feeling is £400 tops. No picture so my guess is £320.
    What does a spanking good looking HW55 target go for?
    Last edited by Muskett; 19-09-2018 at 07:04 PM.

Really nice 55T’s with the tyrolean stocks go for really strong money at the moment

The last one we sold at Holts went for £750 including commissions

https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.co...124846&image=2

I would have thought even with the CM stock £450 hammer price at auction?

Currently fashionable and in short supply....
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post

The last one we sold at Holts went for £750 including commissions

https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.co...124846&image=2

Currently fashionable and in short supply....
    I know. But that was an insane price. But did inform my earlier post. As you say, currently these things seem to be in vogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I know. But that was an insane price. But did inform my earlier post. As you say, currently these things seem to be in vogue.
    I have at least 2 collectors on my list waiting for the next one at that kind of money

Hw55t

Holts was a silly price. I couldn't sell mine on here for £475 and it was near mint. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Holts was a silly price. I couldn't sell mine on here for £475 and it was near mint. Mach 1.5
    Happy to put it in the December sale for you

Thumbs up

I've a Walther LG55t that looks similar to the Weihrauch Tyrolean, Paid £250 for it from a friend, Think it was bargainous!

Gonna have to get it out and actually shoot it someday!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Here are the pictures of Stuart's HW55

[IMG]HW55 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]5 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]4 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]3 by Mark Davis, on Flickr1 by Mark Davis, on Flickr
    [IMG][url=https://flic.kr/p/2baB6cC]

Many thanks Mark

To me thats not so pretty a rifle to a walnut 55. Its rarity should hold some value. I'll stick with £320 valuation though thats could be a tad high.
    In truth its whatever the market is willing to pay and for such rifles the market is small. HW does have a following and to plug the gap in a collection these don't come up often. For target shooters the Original 66 is the better classic. There are just sexier rifles to be had once over the £300 mark.

Very good luck with any sale.