Thread: 111 value

111 value

Any ideas of value 111 with adapter and enough gas for one or two years shooting ?

Thanks, Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 31-10-2018 at 07:21 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

The only recent comparisson i can think of was a 112 i saw a couple of months ago. The asking price was £140 with a bulk filling adapter, vintage co2 cylinder, no box but it had most of its original finish that had worn thin on some of the high spots. They said it was working.
    Not sure if this equates to the same sort of value but maybe a starting point?

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    The only recent comparisson i can think of was a 112 i saw a couple of months ago. The asking price was £140 with a bulk filling adapter, vintage co2 cylinder, no box but it had most of its original finish that had worn thin on some of the high spots. They said it was working.
    Not sure if this equates to the same sort of value but maybe a starting point?
    That's the area I was thinking for the pistol, and total £180, including adapter and new sealed 2kg extinguisher.

Baz

Baz, there should be a pm in your inbox

I'd be interested in the mod 111 but without the fire extinguiser and filler

At Kempton I put it on sale with my Drulov DU10 and decided whichever one sells first I will keep the other as I love shooting them both. The Drulov went so the 111 now stays.
    There were other bulk fill Crosmans on sale there twice my price.

Baz

Now you still have the Crosman I wondered if you might have any plans to blacken the brass?
    If so have you found something that works well on brass that isn't a vintage chemical concoction that warrants getting kitted up in full nbc kit?

I prefer the brass look on these old pistols.
    Very few retain the whole original finish and I never see the point in keeping what’s left of the old black bits.

There must be a way to refinish as I have one that’s been done.

I think Birchwood make one type of brass blacking solution but I have never tried it & would be interested to know how anyone got on with it. Is it true you need to soak items in white vinegar first?
    Could be easier than some of the older chemical methods that turn of the 20th century engineers or smiths used. One of the 'less chemically orientated' ones was lamp black with enough varnish to bind it to consistency of runny treacle!

If you must have it black, which I don't, I would prefer to spray it satin black like gingernuts. G96 also blacks this type of metal, I just rubbed a bit on the 111 to illustrate.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 31-10-2018 at 07:21 AM.

Straight G96, interesting & worth knowing. Appreciate the picture of what it looks like too, thanks.

I've tried a few cold brass blacking/antiqueing fluids and non leave a satisfactory finish
    the original finish was a form of copper oxide I'm told
    one finish is called ebanol c but not had it done I did look at getting a nickel plating kit and a black nickel kit