Thread: Hammerli CO2 Rapid Fire Rifle

Hammerli CO2 Rapid Fire Rifle

I always wondered why Hammerli never made a rapid fire (Schnellfeuer) rifle, after all they made the 'Rapid' pistol and that worked perfectly. I suspect that at the time there where no powder burner rapid fire rifle comps.

A few years ago I purchased a finished prototype rifle that despite having no markings on it anywhere is clearly a Hammerli rifle.

The bulk fill tube in the grip, front and rear sights and the design of the 10 shot .177 ball magazine are all a clear give away. The stock appears to be from a Hammerli Junior rifle and relieved on either side to allow for the cocking levers.

The rifle can be powered by a single 12grm powerlet or filled via the bulk fill tube. It has a single stage trigger and no safeties. The magazine takes 10 .177 balls and gamo lead balls work perfectly. The barrel is rifled and the action is cocked by pushing forward on the cocking levers levers, once cocked it will continue to self load till it runs out of gas. You can manually de cock it to make it safe. My guess is that it was made in the late 60s early 70s.

A fascinating rifle and I'm very happy to own it

[IMG]DSC01914 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]DSC01920 by Mark Davis, on FlickrDSC01905 by Mark Davis, on FlickrDSC01921 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[url=https://flic.kr/p/29PhWR6]DSC01919 by Mark Davis, on FlickrDSC01918 by Mark Davis, on FlickrDSC01917 by Mark Davis, on FlickrDSC01916 by Mark Davis, on FlickrDSC01915 by Mark Davis, on FlickrDSC01907 by Mark Davis, on FlickrDSC01909 by Mark Davis, on Flickr

Fascinating. A step on from the manual repeater Cadet Mehrlader of the late 60s?

What a great little gun, does it have any poke to it or is it German spec?

I would love one to play with indoors

Never seen another though so may never come to pass
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quite a rare one I would think. Looks well built. My Drulov Eagle 5 shots go far too quick, 10 would be better. Think the pellets are doing just over 500 f.p.s. Would be interesting to know what speed the Hammerli spits the bbs out.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD