Thread: Diana 52 piston

Question Diana 52 piston

Just wondering can I just lop off the body of the piston....lightweight stroked bodiless piston
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Just wondering can I just lop off the body of the piston....lightweight stroked bodiless piston
    Interesting idea but a steel spring guide might be a idea for extra support.

What type of 52 piston do you have? is it this type

here is a interesting short stroke diana piston

Thumbs up

I have a aluminium one in at the moment but as to its longevity I don't know but my back up ones a standard T01 with a 30mm extended nose on it

Just tried a tx200 piston and rod in my T01 trigger and it seems to be working now will the piston fit (with sleeve) that's the question

Just tried a tx200 piston and rod in my T01 trigger and it seems to be working now will the piston fit (with sleeve) that's the question
    If the TX piston rod works the LGV rod should also work.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    If the TX piston rod works the LGV rod should also work.
    That'll mean two lgv pistons

That'll mean two lgv pistons
    You may need a longer piston rod if you put an LGV piston in a T01 52, Jonathan, as the LGV rod is only 6mm longer than the 52 rod :-

image.jpg

LGV front of piston to latch face = 171mm

D52 front of piston to latch face = 165mm

Question

You may need a longer piston rod if you put an LGV piston in a T01 52, Jonathan, as the LGV rod is only 6mm longer than the 52 rod :-

image.jpg

LGV front of piston to latch face = 171mm

D52 front of piston to latch face = 165mm

i did some measuring of the tx piston and rod 150mm from latch face to the start of the thread so 164mm all in ,the compression cylinder has an internal length of 125mm and the piston measures 109mm from the rear bush mount to the back of the seal so am i right in thinking maybe a nose extension including piston seal of around 28-30mm

i did some measuring of the tx piston and rod 150mm from latch face to the start of the thread so 164mm all in ,the compression cylinder has an internal length of 125mm and the piston measures 109mm from the rear bush mount to the back of the seal so am i right in thinking maybe a nose extension including piston seal of around 28-30mm
    You could either fit a nose extension so that the rear bearing flange doesn't hit the rear of the cylinder, or alternatively reduce the cylinder length and fit a longer latch rod to the piston.

What is the standard stroke of your D52 ? --- I have a feeling that they came with two different strokes.

I'd work out what stroke you want and then work the piston and latch rod accordingly.

All the best Mick

Thumbs up

You could either fit a nose extension so that the rear bearing flange doesn't hit the rear of the cylinder, or alternatively reduce the cylinder length and fit a longer latch rod to the piston.

What is the standard stroke of your D52 ? --- I have a feeling that they came with two different strokes.

I'd work out what stroke you want and then work the piston and latch rod accordingly.

All the best Mick
    i'll go with the extension do the dry fit and maybe get shaun to knock up a longer latch rod

The TO1 trigger models use a different piston and I am pretty sure slightly different stroke from the later TO5 and TO6 ones.

IIRC, standard stroke on the later ones is 100mm.

Ken Turner of AA fame used I think to do a sleeved (25mm?) version for Cindy’s Shooting Shop in the 80s. Could be an option.

Thumbs up

Measured up the T01 piston with a 30mm extension on the front and there's not a lot in it with the extended TX piston and longer mk1 latch rod