Thread: Aa s410 classic barrel

Aa s410 classic barrel

Good morning all on this brisk British morning....

A quick question with regards to the S410 barrel. Muggings here (and I honestly don't know how) managed to drop ones rifel while getting it out of the car.

Some how the sholder strap came undone and down she went. As a result the end of the barrel has now become a little miss aligned shall we say.

Now although I love the idea of shooting around corners, and my mate insists this will improve my accuracy (apparently I can't hit a barn door at 10 yards, I say it's because I'm long sighted and can't see the dam thing) I'm now looking for a replacement.

This would appear to be rather difficult. Any one know of any about or if there is any good aftermarket barrel available?

Thank you in advance 😁😁 😁 😁 😁

Gizzmo

Have you bent it, or just twisted it ?
    Try undoing the grubscrews in the barrel support and simply twist it back.

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

If you have bent it, you can buy replacement barrels ready to fit from tw chambers or j knibbs

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Alas it is bent. Just after the front support. Will have a look at your suggestions though thank you.

Is there any aftermarket options available. Add a little more bling? 🙊

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawie22 View Post
    Alas it is bent. Just after the front support. Will have a look at your suggestions though thank you.

Is there any aftermarket options available. Add a little more bling? 🙊

Thank you.
    You wont find a better barrel than those fitted, the LW barrel is super accurate. Just order a replacement and slide it in and go shooting. I think you have to send them your barrel now because of our silly laws about weapons, or ask your local dealer/rfd to order one in

Chris

Rfd it is then hehe. Thank sir. Your help is much appreciated.

It depends how badly bent of course, but the barrels aren't very sturdy (as you have found) and it's well worth trying to straighten it yourself before paying £130 for a new one. I acquired a 'project gun' S400 (same barrel) with a 4mm banana bend. I tried straightening it over my knee, almost as a joke, and to my surprise it came straight very easily. Since then I've straightened another, more sharply bent barrel using a wooden former. Give it a try and you'll soon know if its going to work.

I you are going to buy a new one, I suggest you speak to Julian Bond of Air Arms Spares : www.armsspares.com

Good luck

Alan

Pm sent
    John
    hold me back !!