I've posted this in the collectable forum as it follows on from a previous post about the Superstar & HW77, but please move it to another area if it is appropriate but i'd be interested in the answer relating to older designs rather than modern springers or pcp's.
In a previous post about the BSA Superstar I asked if anyone could tell me the production figures of the .177,.20 & .25 versions. Since then I began to wonder about the production figures of other makes in the different calibres that they are available in. The calibre debate is one that no doubt will appear from time to time in the future just as it has in the past. If it's a tricky one for shooters I wonder how much trickier it is for manufacturers to judge what the take up will be of a new model in a less common calibre, i.e. .20 or. 25.
So, my question is are there any production figures around for an air rifle e.g. the HW77 or HW80 that was made in .177, .20,.22 & .25? Not to be used as a criteria to say which calibre is 'better' but to give an indication of how the numbers of .20 & .25 versions sold in comparison with the 177 & 22 versions.