Thread: AA s400 pellet problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a 2007 S400 which came from the original owner with AA Diabolo Field headsize .452. Despite their age, they seem to be in perfect condition and the rifle likes them. Much to my chagrin, another member of the local club asked to try it and rang the bell target at 30 yds with three consecutive shots! It took me a while to find the target...

This larger, but popular, headsize fits nicely in the breech and you can just feel it pop past the seal as you close the bolt.

Took the old girl back to the range yesterday. Bit windy but can't waste a rest day. The Range Officer also had no problem ringing the bell with it. I must get some practice in!

Rob.

4.52 jsb exacts are accurate as hell in mine, currently working through a tin of jsb RS but don't think they're quite on par yet

so what size grouping are you getting at say 30,40,& 50 yards.
    mark

Quote Originally Posted by rams4027 View Post
    so what size grouping are you getting at say 30,40,& 50 yards.
    mark
    5p sized 10 shot groups at 40, if I do my bit. That's rested at indoor range so ideal conditions

JSB Exacts 4.52mm work pretty well in my S400F.
    The barrel gets a couple of VPD felt cleaners through it every now and then but I've never found the accuracy to suffer between cleanings.
    Agree with the 190 bar charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimfire View Post
    JSB Exacts 4.52mm work pretty well in my S400F.
    The barrel gets a couple of VPD felt cleaners through it every now and then but I've never found the accuracy to suffer between cleanings.
    Agree with the 190 bar charge.
    you dont use a stirrup pump then. takes me ages to get to 180. get a flat belly and too knackered to go out.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.