Thread: Webley Excel Stock screws

Webley Excel Stock screws

Can anyone confirm/correct the screws are 3/16 BSW/UNF please? Thanks for looking.

I can only confirm if you don't take care putting the screws in they easily cross thread and are a pain in bum.
    johnj.
    Webley Excel, Webley Tomahawk, Air arms khamsin, Air arms Pro Sport, Bam B26-2, Bam B45-3, BSA Mercury, Sharp Innova (licenced Indonesian version).

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Can anyone confirm/correct the screws are 3/16 BSW/UNF please? Thanks for looking.
    I'm pretty sure Webley still used BA for the front stock screws while they were still in Birmingham. It always amused me actually that a lot of the Webley springers used a combination of BA and metric screws in them. Good old Webley.

Cheers
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreg View Post
    I'm pretty sure Webley still used BA for the front stock screws while they were still in Birmingham. It always amused me actually that a lot of the Webley springers used a combination of BA and metric screws in them. Good old Webley.

Cheers
    Greg
    Sorry I actually only gave you half an answer there. I don't know the size off the top of my head but I would guess they are 1BA or 2BA. Can you measure the outside diameter of them and I'd be able to tell you for sure?

If it's one of the Turkish models I'd assume it'd all be metric.

Cheers
    Greg

Definitely not BA, though many are on Webleys. 4.6mm diameter, ~24tpi. 3/16 BSW seems about right?

I don't have screws to measure. Screwed a bit of plastic rod in as a gauge and decided BSW/UNF so just need to be certain.
    Bill57 are you quoting Excel screws you have to hand?
    Thanks all.

Sure am.

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    Sure am.
    Great support thanks.