Thread: hw98 shorten barrel ? silencer ?

hw98 shorten barrel ? silencer ?

just bought a 98 , new version , about 6 months old going off serial number.

ive also got a prosport and 97 as i like the fact they are baffled so no need to have a long silencer . but fancied something a bit lighter and not an under leaver so went for the 98

question is, has anyone carbined the barrel so fitting a silencer doesnt make it look like a javelin , and secondly, where can i get a bloody silencer anyway ? lol

ive already striped and cleaned inside, sleeved the piston, tbt drop in kit fitted so hardly any noise except a nice little 'thud' but need to sort the muzzle crack as a lot of practice is done in my garden

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Sell or swop the barrel for a HW95k barrel and silencer.
    Master Debater

I have an hw98 barrel which has been shortened but the shroud has not. I am hoping the over hanging shroud will take away a little of the bang, but have not tested it yet.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I've shortened a quite a few 98 barrels by around 4" then baffled the shroud to make it a silencer and they are effective and it also makes the 98 less muzzle heavy only downside is the shroud can be a bitch to get off,

Dave.