Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has rifles fitted with Optimas?

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post

(I.J. do get a platted sling for one of your Sports as they are very "period" for the time.)
    I would but I would need two identical.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    (I.J. do get a platted sling for one of your Sports as they are very "period" for the time.)
    True, but the plaited sling never seems to wear as well as a regular belt type. Canvas is the best for that 'shed and barn, 3-In-1, tobacco and dog' ambience, but maybe that is more for the Webley Mk 3 and Airsporter Mk II brigade...

Thumbs up

Sorry, Not a very good pic but this is a 3x ,40 Optima that I bought from a local antiques centre! (Luxus stock was from IJ )

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 22-09-2018 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Fat fingers, Thin buttons! :D
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I have got a few optima’s including a very nice boxed little optima gamekeeper lovely little thing it is

Who has rifles fitted with Optimas?

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I have got a few optima’s including a very nice boxed little optima gamekeeper lovely little thing it is
    you should mount it & use it, probably the most practical sporting scope they sold! Saying that, I do like the moonlighters, one that came with my titan mpt & a 50mm tasco that came with it too ,almost paid for the mpt when sold on!(& it looked a lot better replaced by a little whitetail)LOL.

Hi

I have an Optima Supermoonlighter on my Air Arms Camargue & an Optima Gamekeeper on my Sussex Armoury AR7. Both great scopes I prefer the Gamekeeper and both scopes suits the rifles perfectly.

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK

I had a super moonlighter on an 80 in the 80's and I needed a step ladder to use it but I was only little at the time . I recently bought a BSA stutzen that came with a 4x32 optima on it and was pleasantly surprised at its quality. I even hit the bucket with it, but only once

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi

I have an Optima Supermoonlighter on my Air Arms Camargue & an Optima Gamekeeper on my Sussex Armoury AR7. Both great scopes I prefer the Gamekeeper and both scopes suits the rifles perfectly.

Regards
    Paddy
    The Gamekeeper was for its size very expensive. Optically it should have superior glass for that price. I believe Beeman ordered some too for the US market. There were some "Blue Ribbon" clones done of this scope a few years back.

The Supermoonlighter is a bit of a whopper, which is why I prefer the standard Moonlighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    I had a super moonlighter on an 80 in the 80's and I needed a step ladder to use it but I was only little at the time . I recently bought a BSA stutzen that came with a 4x32 optima on it and was pleasantly surprised at its quality. I even hit the bucket with it, but only once
    Blimey, that’s a long way to chuck an Airsporter.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBuzz View Post
    Blimey, that’s a long way to chuck an Airsporter.
    Hathat's why I could only manage it once

The Gamekeeper was for its size very expensive. Optically it should have superior glass for that price. I believe Beeman ordered some too for the US market. There were some "Blue Ribbon" clones done of this scope a few years back.

The Supermoonlighter is a bit of a whopper, which is why I prefer the standard Moonlighter.
    Hi

Yes the Supermoonlighter is a whooper and wouldn’t mind getting a Moonlighter too.

With the Gamekeeper I think the glass is fine and can get a really good sight picture. I think the size and look of it in the early days put the price up on these. And they just 'sit' so right on the AR7/Combats.

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by GSMN1 View Post
    Yep. I do. I will try and dig out a photo. I’ve got a 3-9x56 super moonlighterAnd a couple of 3-9x45 AO which feel a bit more manageable on size. And a 4x40.

I’ve also got an Apollo 5star 3-9x56 which is in the same vein. I want to like these more than more modern scopes because they are older, relevant for period rifles and have that charm but I must admit that other equivalent mag scopes like the Nikon efr and the sightron 3-9x36 are so much better (optically). All are duplex.

The scope that seems to marry the best of both worlds is the Leupold 3-9x33 efr in gloss black. Lovely wee thing. I have two. And they go on my best rifles!
    Here you go... Super Moonlighter on an HW80 .22 Maglazaglide.

https://imgur.com/a/xxi5lQ6
    https://www.walnut.black

HW32E (5.5mm) with Optima 4x32 wide angle complete with plated strap all bought together in 1980, a present to myself for suing for divorce.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GSMN1 View Post
    Here you go... Super Moonlighter on an HW80 .22 Maglazaglide.

https://imgur.com/a/xxi5lQ6
    Thats one snazzy jazzy over the top combo. Based on a HW I'd love to see the wheelbarrow that goes with it

lodmoor, I can't think of a better fillip to get over a divorce. Shame you were fleeced so only could manage the 4x32 For the time an excelent combo.