Thread: Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Photos

Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Photos

Can anyone tell me were that is ?

Like allot of people using this forum I have failed in the past to post pictures.

After some searching I found reference to creating photo albums so you can then attach them to posts or direct people to look at them .

I plan on selling off a few rifles and accessory's in the near future and thought this might be a better way than pulling my hair out trying to attach pics to sales post this way I could practice without being halfway through a sales post.

Sorry if I have missed something very obvious but I cant see this" photos and albums" button mentioned in the FAQ in the control panel.
    Scorpion. 177 hornet. 177 txhc. 177 s200. 177 97. 177 99.177 95. 22 80. 22 vulcan. 22 excorcet. 22
    Trying hard to keep it down to 10 rifles.

Yes you have missed something rather obvious
    In sales you add photo's as attachments, via manage attachments just under where you write the text, it opens a widow you select & down load the photo from your PC & it then sits in your profile top right of the BBS header.

In other sections you open an account on a host site (imgbb, imgur, photobucket etc) down load the picture to that site, put it in an album set the privacy so the BBS can view via a link & cut/paste the link in to your text post.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Yes you have missed something rather obvious
    No he hasn't, there are sites where users have albums within the site, Model Engineer for example. The faq says there is that option on this site but seems it's been hidden/disabled.
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/faq.php?faq...faq_vb3_albums
    Last edited by bezzer; 13-10-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bezzer View Post
    No he hasn't, there are sites where users have albums within the site, Model Engineer for example. The faq says there is that option on this site but seems it's been hidden/disabled.
    Why does it matter what other forums do when the question is about THIS forum & selling rifles

Had the OP read the stickies or used search, he would have found the answer because I've answered it at least 3 times in the past couple of months, as have others.

Therefore he had indeed "missed something"

It would I grant, be far easier if there was a new updated single post sticky maybe titled "photos" with idiot proof instructions on how to do it, because there is also an "insert image" icon in the control panel above the dialogue box , but I can't get that to work even though people have tried to explain.
    The existing how to insert images sticky now being a bit outdated & hard to follow.

Money saving exercise to preserve space and bandwidth.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Why does it matter what other forums do when the question is about THIS forum & selling rifles

Had the OP read the stickies or used search, he would have found the answer because I've answered it at least 3 times in the past couple of months, as have others.

Therefore he had indeed "missed something"

It would I grant, be far easier if there was a new updated single post sticky maybe titled "photos" with idiot proof instructions on how to do it, because there is also an "insert image" icon in the control panel above the dialogue box , but I can't get that to work even though people have tried to explain.
    The existing how to insert images sticky now being a bit outdated & hard to follow.
    Doesn't matter about other forums but the faq's on THIS forum say there is an album option I only mentioned the other one as an example of this type of site photo storage. He hasn't missed something in fact he has found something and was asking about it. Obviously the faq is something that should have been deleted as the option has never been available. If it bothers you that much stop getting het up over people querying photo problems ignore them in future.

Doesn't matter about other forums but the faq's on THIS forum say there is an album option I only mentioned the other one as an example of this type of site photo storage. He hasn't missed something in fact he has found something and was asking about it. Obviously the faq is something that should have been deleted as the option has never been available. If it bothers you that much stop getting het up over people querying photo problems ignore them in future.
    I answer questions if they have been ignored by others as this one had been, it was well down the page.

Yes I bypassed the album point because the reason (selling) was listed in the OP & in sales photo's are piss easy to attach.

If you don't like my replies put me on ignore