Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LGV "Simple Tune" final bliss with the TP

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Very nicely done, Mike

And a big thumbs up to Jim for sharing his huge knowledge so freely and for on-hand support through Mike's little project.

Only one thing to ask now........"Can I have a play at the Halloween Bash please, Mike?"
    Of course you can Tony, but be warned - you are going to want one afterwards.

If spring powered air rifles can be so dramatically improved by a simple modification made by enthusiastic hobbyists, why don't these major manufacturers just take enough care to get things right in the first place?
    Better still, why not involve guys like BTDT in their development process?

Quote Originally Posted by the bish View Post
    If spring powered air rifles can be so dramatically improved by a simple modification made by enthusiastic hobbyists, why don't these major manufacturers just take enough care to get things right in the first place?
    Better still, why not involve guys like BTDT in their development process?
    Maybe, just maybe it is to do with Walther being a German company where they have lower power levels than the UK. So for Germany and those countries with lower power levels the TP is set so that the rifle can be easily set to deliver those levels. But for the UK a stronger spring is used to up the power to UK level. Maybe in the USA the LGV TP is larger to allow higher power. Do I remember this being the case for the LGU?
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Of course you can Tony, but be warned - you are going to want one afterwards.
    I think it's a bit late for that, Mike.

Thank you and I shall be counting down the days.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks & well done Mike, a lovely bit (no pun intended) of 'fine tool' engineering, cogently described. The sort of job where I might have broken a drill. Clearly the steady hands of a 22 year old.

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Thanks & well done Mike, a lovely bit (no pun intended) of 'fine tool' engineering, cogently described. The sort of job where I might have broken a drill. Clearly the steady hands of a 22 year old.

ATB
    Gwyn
    Clearly Gwyn, just a 22 year old 58 years later!