Thread: TX200 Mk3 twang remedy

TX200 Mk3 twang remedy

I've read what I could find on the remedies. Guides/sleeve/spring fit & finish etc
    What's the current thinking. Working well other than the boing.
    Thanks for looking.

deejayuu,

Firstly, the fit of the guide & top-hat - another Goldilocks situation - the guide must not be too loose, not too tight, but just right !

I have find that spraying the spring (after a thorough de-greasing) with a three (3) light coats of dry moly spray (I use Ambersil) helps as well. The advantage of this is that it does not throw off the spring like grease.

Finish the ends of the spring well - to at least 600 'grit', and use thin, well lubricated, slip washers on top of top-hat, and under spring on the guide.

If you want to buy the guides & top hat, or a full drop-in kit, I recommend Wonky Donky, Welsh Willy or Shauny (from the 'other' forum) - their workmanship is excellent.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

TX 200 twang.

I too recently bought a TX200. Very happy with it in general, but it twangs worse than Zeberdee. I cured mine with a simple drop in spring guide and top hat kit from Tinbum Tuning. Approx £25 and twang gone. Considering the price (and recent price increase) Air Arms surley could rectify this problem.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Well is it a twang or boing?
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Well is it a twang or boing?
    Boing is the noise from a springer spring. Hence the term 'boingers'. Twang is the sudden noise from breaking elastic, usually knicker variety, often followed by a request for a 'safety pin anyone?' I do not recall air rifles being referred to as 'twangers'.
    Cheers, Phil

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Boing is the noise from a springer spring. Hence the term 'boingers'. Twang is the sudden noise from breaking elastic, usually knicker variety, often followed by a request for a 'safety pin anyone?' I do not recall air rifles being referred to as 'twangers'.
    Cheers, Phil
    Well if it was a twang I would be looking at the guide fit.

If it was a boing I would be looking at spring length, weights and power etc.
    Master Debater

Thumbs up

I like using spray on chain lube putoline dx11 (lost my tin in the move) on the mainspring and guide bought some banana scented one from halfords don't know about its long term effects yet time will tell
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    bought some banana scented one from halfords don't know about its long term effects yet time will tell
    If it's anything like those scented condoms it'll just make your bum sore!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    My friend's TX200 twanged really badly. A set of TBT guides & top hat soon sorted it.
    Nick makes the guides specifically for the spring he supplies so you always get a good fit
    Pete

Mr Boddington provided material for a sleeve. Boing/twang gone. Thanks for the interest.