Quote Originally Posted by Rutherford99 View Post
How do you sleeve the transfer port?
I have never done it, you will have to ask Shed Tuner or T20.

I believe the method is to measure the diameter of your transfer port by sliding in the chuck ends of drill bits until you find on that fits. I am not 100% clear on measuring the length, but I would put something round and flat (washer maybe?) to block up the port from the inside with something behind it (disassembled of course) and then push the bit in until it stops, then mark off the length on the shank of the drill bit.

So now you have the diameter and length.

You then need to work out the static compression ratio which is the ratio of the transfer port volume to the swept volume of the cylinder. For a plastic sealed rifle I think this should be about 1:400 or something, but you will need to ask Shed or T about that. There are online programmes that will work out the volume of a cylinder for you quick as you like.

You then get a length of brass tubing of the correct length and internal diameter and external diameter, degrease it and the transfer port, press it in with a smidge of superglue, and there you are.

If you put 'transfer port' and 'sleeve' or 'TP and sleeve' or 'static compression ratio' into the search engine there are alot of posts on it.