Thread: Original Model 35 .22

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    I'm thinking it sounds like there's too much spring in there, going by what you said about clamping, wrapping and preload.
    The Titan spring appeared to be the same length as the original spring, would cutting the spring down reduce the power? I'm open to any suggestions to improve it further.
    The wrapping with string was reference to the trigger itself which has a 6 * 17mm spring at the back which has to be compressed to locate the dowel pin and is very difficult to clamp because of the shape, it was a lot easier to get the dowel pin in place once I had put in a spring made of 1mm wire rather than the standard 1.3mm, also the trigger now feels a lot better to me with a lighter pull.

How much preload was there before you started compressing the mainspring? Titan springs are regarded as one of the stiffer springs out there, so maybe trimming it a little would allow you to keep the power with less of the preload or even gain some power. I think power will go up when the leather seal beds in
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    How much preload was there before you started compressing the mainspring? Titan springs are regarded as one of the stiffer springs out there, so maybe trimming it a little would allow you to keep the power with less of the preload or even gain some power. I think power will go up when the leather seal beds in
    I didn't measure but maybe 50 - 60mm, it's a synthetic seal and has had about 400 pellets through and power is consistent. I'm not sure now I want to change anything as it is so accurate and enjoyable to shoot. If I could get some more power out of it without ruining the feel it would be nice but at 9.5 ftlbs it's very accurate to 40 yards.