Thread: smk air rifles

smk air rifles

i just want a one for plinking in the garden.or if the odd rat was about.will they be ok, i think they are 8 ftbs,

It depends which one you are looking at, some can be full power accurate rifles and then some can be garbage.

Different factories make the rifles for smk to obviously different specs and qualities.

The ones for £50-£80 are not really much use and will probably make you fed up but if you spend £120 ish on say a Remington express I think you will be more than happy.

Read somewhere that the Remington Express Compact is not a bad little rifle, and the XS19GR too, several favourable reviews on line covering both.

Remington express are great for the money. I had the long barrelled version and loved it. I believe the compact one is lowered powered.

Chris

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Another thumbs up for the Remington express. A bit of home tuning and a couple of cheap mods make it into a Weihrauch killer! Just have a chrono to hand as out of the box they can be warm.

Mine is 22 and is laser accurate even out to 80 yards on my old club range.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

The SMK XS19 is quite a well made full power gun, the smaller guns in the XS range have shorter strokes and are a lower power level so I wouldn't be happy using them on live quarry.

All the best Mick

thanks for the in put, will look for another, thanks