Thread: Webley Mk1 Slant Grip Prototype?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The strange thing for me about even genuine prototypes is that although I find them fascinating, I'm really only interested in owning examples from production runs, especially if these were limited.
    Weird ?
    Brian

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    The strange thing for me about even genuine prototypes is that although I find them fascinating, I'm really only interested in owning examples from production runs, especially if these were limited.
    Weird ?
    Brian
    Nothing weird about that Brian, as IMO production models and prototypes are two separate collecting fields and have different types of appeal. Prototypes are more of an acquired taste and tend to appeal to the collector with strong interests in the development and mechanics of airguns. Production gun collectors tend to be shooters with an eye for the aesthetics of an airgun. Of course, many collectors fall into both camps (guilty as charged!).

Your comment also makes the valid point that just because you have a keen interest in a field does automatically mean that you will have the urge to collect from that field. For example, I am very interested in both rifles and pistols but have no desire to collect rifles, apart from keeping a handful of representative classics.

Cheers
    John