Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crazy $ for Hy-Score Phoenix Sporter Air Pistol.

Crazy $ for Hy-Score Phoenix Sporter Air Pistol.

This week in US on the bay 2 different Hy-Score Phoenix Sporter Air Pistols.

1. Normal blued in box
    2. Chrome with silencer in box

The only Hy-Score I need to complete my collection was left in the dust well before the last day. The Chrome I know is very rare and in the US you never see any of them. You guys need to bring them over here!
    Last edited by 45flint; 17-08-2019 at 11:44 PM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Are these asking prices or achieved sales? - both are very different animals.

Both come up from time to time, but are not exactly ten a penny here either...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Are these asking prices or achieved sales? - both are very different animals.

Both come up from time to time, but are not exactly ten a penny here either...
    Those are the final hammer prices.

The UK versions are extremely rare in the US, because they did not meet safety (literally) standards they were never imported.

Final selling prices. The blued Pistol didn’t surprise me but the chrome showed a couple of guys just would not let go. Though in good shape the chrome was not mint at all. Very surprising to see 2 in one week from different sellers. Only seen one other in my 3 years as a collector. Irony the US Hy-scores are fun to collect and very affordable. I have the 5 models they offered. Sportsters are the only real challenge they made those only 2 years.
    Last edited by 45flint; 21-09-2018 at 11:33 PM.

UK Hy-scores

I traded four cased ones to the USA. When Young's Airguns put them on display I couldn't resist them. bought 8 in the end!

Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    I traded four cased ones to the USA. When Young's Airguns put them on display I couldn't resist them. bought 8 in the end!
    I read in a previous post that only 8? Chrome were produced.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    This week in US on the bay 2 different Hy-Score Phoenix Sporter Air Pistols.

1. Normal blued in box $585
    2. Chrome with silencer in box $1225

The only Hy-Score I need to complete my collection was left in the dust well before the last day. The Chrome I know is very rare and in the US you never see any of them. You guys need to bring them over here!
    I didnt think you guys are allowed Silencers in the States - even none-functioning ones.....

Lakey

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    I didnt think you guys are allowed Silencers in the States - even none-functioning ones.....

Lakey
    We aren’t, I think it’s gutted and is said to be cocking aid. Still surprised it’s was there? There was no mention of it in the disscriptuon?
    Last edited by 45flint; 22-09-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Final selling prices. The blued Pistol didn’t surprise me but the chrome showed a couple of guys just would not let go. Though in good shape the chrome was not mint at all. Very surprising to see 2 in one week from different sellers. Only seen one other in my 3 years as a collector. Irony the US Hy-scores are fun to collect and very affordable. I have the 5 models they offered. Sportsters are the only real challenge they made those only 2 years.
    When they're that rare, not sure that minor condition issues are going to affect value very much. After all, chances of ever seeing another one are iffy and why would it be expected that if another came up it would be in better condition?

I bought a blued .177 Phoenix Hy Score a couple of months ago.

Mainly because I liked the blunt looks and the calibre.
    Good condition.
    No silencer or box but a good shooter with more power than the USA ones I've had.

I paid around $150.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I bought a blued .177 Phoenix Hy Score a couple of months ago.

Mainly because I liked the blunt looks and the calibre.
    Good condition.
    No silencer or box but a good shooter with more power than the USA ones I've had.

I paid around $150.
    You live in the right country for this. Curious what FPS you getting? I heard the internals were indentical to the US model? No doubt the early one just looks right. Not really sold on the Mark 2, the sight looks blocky to me and I read it’s plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    When they're that rare, not sure that minor condition issues are going to affect value very much. After all, chances of ever seeing another one are iffy and why would it be expected that if another came up it would be in better condition?
    No doubt, as a collector you have to realize you will probably never see another, I just could never enjoy it at that price. Lol. I look at other guns I could buy for that money that would make more sense.
    Last edited by 45flint; 22-09-2018 at 01:18 PM.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    No doubt, as a collector you have to realize you will probably never see another, I just could never enjoy it at that price. Lol. I look at other guns I could buy for that money that would make more sense.
    l have to agree with what you say on on paying a lot of money for something that is rare, like the Firefly gat type pistol that goes for a lot of money. something that l would like to own. but you can buy a Westly Richards Highest Possible pistol for the same type of money. but each to their own.

You live in the right country for this. Curious what FPS you getting? I heard the internals were indentical to the US model? No doubt the early one just looks right. Not really sold on the Mark 2, the sight looks blocky to me and I read it’s plastic?
    This is an early model with the USA metal rear sight.
    I agree with you about the later plastic sight.
    Haven't done fps yet as I borrow a chrono, but it puts a hole in our British baked bean can at 6 yards.

Thumbs up

They don't seem very common here in the UK but do come up for sale occasionally, I swapped two Webley pistols (slant grip Mk1 and a Senior if I recall correctly), The wife wasn't happy as for some reason she likes Wobbly pistols!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/