Thread: Stock wanted

Stock wanted

I am unfamiliar with the drama(?) in sending lengths of timber across the waters, so this request is more likely directed to New Zealand members.
    If it is at all possible, does anyone have or know of an available stock for my 1922 Light pattern?
    Mine has a decent split, the duck bill has been treated so it now looks like a nose and the trigger block bolt access is a leather flap.
    It is no surprise that it still shoots bloody accurate at a nudge over 500fps.
    Question. My memory fails me at the moment (and other times) is the cocking link on the L pattern ribbed, or was that only on the standard?

here it is back in 2016- now with the rear sight insert and wheel fitted.
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....=light+pattern
    Last edited by slow_runner; 22-09-2018 at 03:25 AM.

Moved to new thread
    Last edited by slow_runner; 24-09-2018 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Moved to new thread

I could have a stock for you.... The reason I say could is that I have a Light Pattern here that needs a new sear made. The gun is in pretty average condition and is dismantled at the moment. I just have to decide if I want the expense of a new sear or I sell the gun bit by bit. The gun owes me a fair bit so what would you be prepared to pay for the stock which is in excellent condition with no nicks ? The other thing is I've heard it's a bit of a hassle getting gun parts out to your part of the world or would this just be classed as a lump of timber ? If your interested let me know and I'll send you pictures.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

It's hard to believe an inert lump of wood would pose a problem even for the paranoid goons at NZ customs!

As long as it wasn't labelled as a gun part, and the vintage/antique aspect was emphasised, it should sail through, surely?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    It's hard to believe an inert lump of wood would pose a problem even for the paranoid goons at NZ customs!
    As long as it wasn't labelled as a gun part, and the vintage/antique aspect was emphasised, it should sail through, surely?
    Hello Danny.
    Yes, a person would assume that common sense would prevail, but then; now the paranoia is well founded

Trevor would likely know.
    Are you there Trevor, or can I call you?
    Last edited by slow_runner; 24-09-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    I could have a stock for you.... The reason I say could is that I have a Light Pattern here that needs a new sear made. The gun is in pretty average condition and is dismantled at the moment. I just have to decide if I want the expense of a new sear or I sell the gun bit by bit. The gun owes me a fair bit so what would you be prepared to pay for the stock which is in excellent condition with no nicks ? The other thing is I've heard it's a bit of a hassle getting gun parts out to your part of the world or would this just be classed as a lump of timber ? If your interested let me know and I'll send you pictures.
    While enquiries are underway I would appreciate some images, thanks.
    PM sent.

No PM received but I'll put up pictures of stock later today.

Thanks VB. Is that a full size 14 1/4" stock?

Yes, sorry Vbull. It was late and I must have crashed and forgotten. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    No PM received but I'll put up pictures of stock later today.

Yes, full size 14 1/4"

woodstock

Has it any borer holes?Best pay for vendor to have it sprayed and certified. Then 'wooden toy theatrical prop. Treated-with cert.". Do not include bolts.Wrap in ordinary brown cardboard..Value 5 quid.
    That is what I'd do.Trev

Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    Has it any borer holes?Best pay for vendor to have it sprayed and certified. Then 'wooden toy theatrical prop. Treated-with cert.". Do not include bolts.Wrap in ordinary brown cardboard..Value 5 quid.
    That is what I'd do.Trev
    I heard back from the AO.
    "Because the stock is designed and intended to be attached to an airgun, and because it is not part of the action of that type of airgun, a permit to import is not required."

Now, is there the customs interpretation of legislation to establish? Or do they have another set of rules separate to the Firearms act?