Thread: What to do with a FWB Sport 124

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rather than replacing the iron/plastic sights why not go down the slimline moderator and blanking plate route.
    Maccari does a neet little blanking plate for the rear sight holes. Or make one up yourself, flat and neet.
    As for moderators then a slimline is the way to go. The Venom slimline look is what is best rather than large Coke can.

Just shot my 127 factory perfect and my HW95 .177 Vmatch tuned. First shot the 4x40 scoped Sport was smack on, the 95 wasn't. I've got a bad back so not shooting well but the old Sport did what asked.
    Just shot my 124 with a 3-9x45 Optima Moonlighter, Macarri self fitted innards, its a MKI action with banana barrel and MKIII stock, how it got like that I have no idea now. Anyhow it shoots just fine. My other regular shooter is a Theoben Fenman with 3-9x40 Tasco, its heavier but both shoot the same...hit what aimed at within the farmyard.

Looks like Maccari has been busy. New safety catches! Sure nothing cheap but then just like Land Rover lovers its the fun of keeping old friends chugging away.
    http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...age/251483.htm

One thing we have really missed on the this thread is how easy a Sport is to cock. For a plinking good fun shoots then break barrel, easy cock, quick safety catch, and light weight, nothing beats them. Get away from the bench and shoot a sporting rifle how they should be. I've just had a blast at my apple fall in the garden and that was fun; backs screaming though.
    Last edited by Muskett; 24-09-2018 at 04:50 PM.