Thread: What to do with a FWB Sport 124

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Hi Michael,

If you like how the V-Mach kit shoots in the 124 why not go down that avenue? I can't notice any real difference in cocking effort and I think the cycle is greatly improved. Also, I would feel fairly confident of stripping it down and rebuilding it without a compressor if needed, which I wouldn't have a chance with the original spring.

The trigger on yours is as good as any Sport I can remember, I wish mine was as nice. Jon Budd posted a thread showing how to improve the trigger but as I have just basic tools I don't want to risk damaging my Maccari as it cost me nearly £100 with postage and import duty.

As for open sights, if you post a "Wanted" ad you may be able to get hold of a rear one but depending on how detailed you want to be, the .22 rear sight has different numbering on the height adjustment compared to the .177. Your barrel is the less common type (in my experience), which is scalloped to accept the pin to fit the wrap around foresight unlike the more common parallel grooved type. You might have to wait a while to get the correct one.

Are you going to refinish the stock yourself? If not, I can recommend Nath92, he's a member here but spends most of his time on the AGF where he is currently offering stock refurb's for £65 and has one slot available.

Whichever route you go down I hope you bring it to the Bash when you finish it and let me have a look.

All the best,
    Gary.
    Thanks Gary, but there is an "original" seal and spring being borne towards me on the comforting wings of Royal mail, even as I write. I am going to give them a whirl for a while, they don't cost much and I can change later if I want to. I quite like the idea of a blanking plate and slim mod, and may well go for that in due course. I do a fair bit of woodworking and finishing, so I shall take on the stock myself as I have been quite happy with the CS and the Warren Edwards stocks I bought new and finished myself. Definitely planning to bring the Sport to the Bash.
    Cheers, Michael

Personally - I would bother with any mod, silencer or muzzle weight on the end of the barrel on a 'Sport. One area of weakness (?) is the barrel lock up which isn't as positive as on most break barrels.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk