Thread: Crosman american classic 1377

Crosman american classic 1377

I have been asked by one of the girls at work to see if I can repair a 1982 crosman american classic which belonged to her recently deceased father, when pumping it up air could be heard blowing through the barrel so automatically thought the seals had dried out so ordered a new set of seal and stripped it down to find the seal on the barrel was in fact a nylon washer covered in blue gunk must point out this gun has homemade rear sights and the screws dont look original so who knows whats been done in the past but I do like a challenge!

New seals fitted and it does the same so to the internet for the answers which I should have done in the first place!From my research it seems that the exhaust valve seal is the cause of the problem, does anyone know where I can get a new exhaust valve stem from?

Regards Ian.

that model stem is obsolete
    i do rebuild them if i want to keep one period correct but most swap the complete vavle for a current model fit a new pump cup and jobs a good un
    the probe seal is bigger than the current model if it has the sliding breech but the tp gasket is the same
    rear sights are usually to be had cheap on evilbay

Not really bother about keeping it period correct just want to get it working for dont know how much she will use it so the sights should be fine, wheres the best place to get a valve from and how much do they cost?

about £20 look on evilbay or gmac
    you'd be best replacing the pump cup as well if you haven't already done so
    if you can't find one i have some new ones i haven't as yet flat topped for my FTP sets

Thanks for this I will speak to the lass tomorrow and see if she wants to spend £33 to get it working and see about ordering the parts from gmac, Cheers