Thread: CP99 Compact Nickel Problem

CP99 Compact Nickel Problem

Evening all,

Hopefully someone will be able to help with my CP99 Compact Nickel. I actually found this pistol in a house clearance and it looked like it hadn't been used. I spent this evening stripping and re-oiling all the parts before putting it back together.

I stuck a CO2 cannister in and you could hear the audible leak. On the first cannister, the blowback worked for the first 4 or 5 cycles then stopped and hasn't worked since, despite putting two new cannisters in.

Will this be related to the leak or something different and has anyone got any advice on how to sort this or is it for the bin??

For info, this model has a slide out magazine for BB's similar to the Walther PPK.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Bump for any help? TIA

Hi Pete, why did you strip and oil the pistol ? Was is working properly before ? The first thing to do now is replace the capsule seal to make sure full pressure is being supplied to the pistol, then proceed from there if not functioning properly.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Hi Pete, why did you strip and oil the pistol ? Was is working properly before ? The first thing to do now is replace the capsule seal to make sure full pressure is being supplied to the pistol, then proceed from there if not functioning properly.

Baz
    Hi,

No it wasn't working beforehand, very sticky to pull back and not in the best of shapes. It was actually a find in the attic of a house clear out so would like to bring it back to life! Thanks for the advice, I will try and find a capsule seal online. I tried a bit of plumbers tape on the end of the capsule as suggested online but no luck.

Thanks for the response,

Pete