Thread: Looking for a 1/8" bsp one way foster connection

Looking for a 1/8" bsp one way foster connection

Hi all.

I'm looking for a male foster connector. Most seem to be 28mm long. Ideally I'm looking for something about 22mm. I can find them at about that length in 8mm,but not 1/8". Can anyone point me in the right direction?.

Thanks

Rob

?

Is it the Air Arms old style filler you are after ?

Nope. It's the smaller foster filler.

Cheers

Rob

Best Fittings sell the Daystate/Brocock one .

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Anything with a foster fitting, Best fittings would be my first phone call.
    Master Debater

Thanks for the replies. I've tried best fittings, no luck. Looks like I'll have to get one modified.

Cheers

Here https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/...re-fill-valve/
    Lack of info as normal but suspect it dont come with the valve most dont from any supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by R0B View Post
    Hi all.

I'm looking for a male foster connector. Most seem to be 28mm long. Ideally I'm looking for something about 22mm. I can find them at about that length in 8mm,but not 1/8". Can anyone point me in the right direction?.

Thanks

Rob
    I'm a bit confused where the 8mm comes in best fittings have 1/8" bsp foster both male & female In both plug & socket.

Are you trying to fit something like a fill valve upgrade to the end of a hose?
    Last edited by angrybear; 23-09-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I'm a bit confused where the 8mm comes in best fittings have 1/8" bsp foster both male & female In both plug & socket.

Are you trying to fit something like a fill valve upgrade to the end of a hose?
    M8 fitting https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...58889691.html?
    he is looking for a specific length that seems to only come in the 8mm ones .

Last edited by bighit; 23-09-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Sorry, I've probably explained badly. I want a 1/8bsp forster one way. All of the ones I've found are 28mm length. I'd like one at about 22mm total length, as I need it for clearance. I found one at the correct length, but it was 8mm not 1/8 bsp.
    I did buy one of the 1/8 best fittings one, but it is also 28mm.

The link you posted is the 8mm one I found...right length, unfortunately wrong thread size.

Rob

Click on the fourth box along, it says 1/8 BSP.

Edit: where it says "color".
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by R0B View Post
    Sorry, I've probably explained badly. I want a 1/8bsp forster one way. All of the ones I've found are 28mm length. I'd like one at about 22mm total length, as I need it for clearance. I found one at the correct length, but it was 8mm not 1/8 bsp.
    I did buy one of the 1/8 best fittings one, but it is also 28mm.

The link you posted is the 8mm one I found...right length, unfortunately wrong thread size.

Rob
    Where are you measuring to/from ? You say the 8mm thread one is the right length but I can't see the length mentioned ??

Best fittings 03C2-ML01 stainless HP fill valve 1/8bsp appears to be what you want & I'm tempted to say they will all be the same length because the valve & spring inside will be what determines the length.

One thread type might have more length inside whatever it fits to, compared to another.
    Last edited by angrybear; 24-09-2018 at 09:35 AM.

I wanted the overall length to be 22mm. There is another seller who has the dimension on for the different valves. The 8mm one you pictured has the length at 21.5mm.

I have bought a CF bottle for my Priest, and the priest valve that is fitted as standard is a different thread (not 18x1.5). I've bought a new reg assembley, but the valve protrudes too far to allow the bottle to screw on, hence the search for a shorter unit. At the very worst I can remove the valve from my other bottle, but at the moment I'd prefer not to.

Rob

foster fitting

try michael tawn airgun supplies he does loads of variants
    air arms s400 with old school tasco 3/9/56 and bruno bear springer x lurcher no silencer yet AND MY SON ASH

Many thanks