Thread: Stopped by the police with guns in car?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If you are reasonable with the officer that stops you and explain what you have in the car and why, he will probably have a look to verify.
    He willl do a check on his computer and as long as your not committing any offences, or a prohibited person under the firearms act, you'll be on your way.
    Many officers are a bit sketchy on the firearms legislation, so don't be surprised if he checks with his sergeant.

If however, you give him a hard time and refuse to answer his questions, he will do all the investigations down at the police station whilst you wait in a cell.

Best to be calm, polite and cooperative.

Ouch!
    Ouch!
    Barn Door Scarer
    HW95k .22, HW50s .22, BSA Goldstar SE .177, AA 510 Ult Sporter .177

Been stopped on a couple of occasions but not initially because I was carrying guns .
    It was due to the fact that I was acting suspiciously.
    As Gavlar said , there is no marker on your car to say that you have firearms . This if I'm right is unless you have been convicted of a firearms offence in the past . A PNC check would tell them all they need to know.
    The one time that I was stopped whilst in the middle of some pest control was on a secure industrial estate that had security guards , gates, cameras and barriers .. a cleaner had spotted us and phoned the police.
    Extremely unlikely that you will ever be stopped on your way to the range .
    However if you are going out doing some pest control it is sensible although not a necessity to inform the local police if there is any chance that someone else may call them .
    I know that you don't have to , but it saves a lot of hassle .