Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New pcp, when is it not good enough ?

What we all need is a pellet roller. It's two steel plates with half the profile of the particular pellet it's machined for. Put the two together and you get a pellet shaped channel that very slightly shortens the pellet as it is rolled. It also makes the pellet perfectly concentric. You put the pellet on one half at the front end and you then start the second half into it's locking dovetails. Then you slide the two halves past each other and the reformed pellet falls out the other end. I tried it and it was amazing just seeing the work that went into this tool. The fellow that made it was an incredible machinist, but has long since passed on. He made a roller for the Barracuda pellet and this is the tool I actually saw. He had a shooting tunnel with a vise to lock his then new NJR into and he would fire for groups at 50m. He even had fan inlets to see what wind did to the pellets. Very meticulous fellow and was renowned for his work on Colt 1911, .45 acp pistols as well. This NJR would put 50 pellets in a .75" edge to edge group at 50m. Of course, no wind and the gun was mounted rigid. He would then take the pellets he had rolled and the group was cut in half to .375". He was sort of the godfather of FT in our area. All the old FT guys tell about his testing and vouch for the story I was told. I want a pellet roller for JSB Exacts as I think it would make all JSB Exacts shoot great. No more hunting for the perfect batch.

Would a s400 be returned if it grouped bigger than say 10p at 40yds, Chris[/QUOTE]

No, I very much doubt it, it would need to spatter them a good bit more than 10p size before most dealers would consider a return, me thinks.