Hi Guys

Just copied this from the Daystate forum which I think is relevant to anyone who may have purchased a Red Wolf Laminate version, (not the Serrie Rosso) as far as I'm aware:

"Re: Red Wolf Laminate.... issue?

Quote: Postby - saracenaim » Sun 23 Sep, 2018 2:51 pm

Hello,

This has been looked into at Minelli and they came back to us last week. Seems that some of the laminate from an European supplier does leach a bit of dye when wet. Interestingly it' seems randomly mixed in. It's compounded by when the area around the grip has been stipple it has removed the varnish applied to laminate stocks. Daystate ordered an 'improved' batch of stock which has just arrived but to a lesser degree still do it. In the meantime we have been experimenting on our demo stock and a couple or reject series Rosso stocks we have. We have found that it only seems to do it once or twice, applying boiled linseed oil or petroleum jelly (Ballistol Vasaline) stops it. We will be applying this to any replacement stocks and checking new stock batches from now on. Minelli are going to supply some special oil but we are still waiting for this. Should anyone still have an issue, please contact daystate at office@daystate.com and we will either supply the treatment or arrange for a stock to be switched over at your local Daystate dealer. Daystate and Minelli apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. Tony Belas"

If anyone is affected then at least there is light at the end of the tunnel, but it's a bit of an embarrassment it happened at all if you ask me.

James