Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
Ok so if .20 is already counted in open class why not .22 as well ?
Look at the results for the RSN shoot it's out of a 100 so the scores equate to percentage of targets knocked down.

I actually believe that the good PCP .22 shooter on a course I would set would be at a distinct disadvantage over a good .177 boinger.

There are 3 glaring points that come to my mind.

Velocity covering 2 trajectory 560ish fps versus 785fps equals a lot of unbelievably accurate range finding being required once we start getting out there so not much advantage there for the .22 psychos.

A lot more time out in the wind, I know it's heavier but it also has a bigger surface area for the wind to act on and it is crawling towards those longer targets so way more drift to plug in to the putting it in the hole equation. Never mind head wind effect pushing it even lower than normal.

Here is the killer your average club 15mm started life probably as 14.5mm, trust me they do, has since been shot a thousand times and has been battered down to 12mm, again they are. You now get some loon come out on a Sunday and try and put a 5.5mm slug through a hole which equates, allowing for splitters that don't go, 6.5mm. In reality a lot of splitters are a lot less than half the pellet so the hole is technically dead centre. Obviously the same principle applies across the varying hole sizes.

35mm in .22 = 29.5 for a half split
35mm in .177 = 30.5 for a half split

I think the ,22 PCP boys should be bleating all you boinger boys have to worry about is a bit of hold sensitivity which you all try to tune out anyway.

Monkey.