Thread: Shooting Class Categories

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shooting Class Categories

I know this may well open a can of worms but I'm going to ask the questions anyway.

Why are Recoiling shooters and .22PCP shooters always banded together in competitions ?

Surely its a different category class to shoot in ?
    I can't be the only springer shooter that thinks it's a tad unjust can i ?

Yes i know there are not many .22 shooters about , but would it not be fairer to keep all Pcp's together and the same with recoilers ?

Do others not agree that it is easier to keep a Pcp steadier on aim and more forgiving than recoiling rifles ?

what would be the case if someone wanted to shoot say a .20 or .25 calibre rifle ?.

I know little old me will probably never get to change anything , but just wanted to ask .

Russ
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT

After shooting my first season in .22 and now shot and experienced recoiling and .22.

They probably put both in the same category for the numbers.

That said I can honestly say shooting both I would say in my experience is that .22 is harder even though it's still a PCP, shot placement is more critical on your ranges and the slightest whisper of a breeze will throw a pellet right off course, drop or lift pellet (depending on angles)

Normally my 45 yard aim point would be -1.1 mildot however at the weekend they where being pushed down to more like 2 mildot at 45yards, my aim points where correct to around 30 yards but they really dropped of more than normal after that. With my aim points I would normally go as high as +2 mildot and as low as -1.1 that's over a 3 mildot spread.

I'm not saying recoiling isn't without its difficulties, but urge as many people as I can to experience .22 if they can. It's most definitely an eye opener.
    Meon Valley Airgun Club (MVAC)... on tour!

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Numbers pots cost money.

.20 is in Open class PCP.

Usually people boinging and .22 are just buying an excuse because they can't rangefind or judge the wind worth a shite to be competitive in Open class.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

He he

Usually people in Open class are just buying an excuse because they can't rangefind or judge the wind worth a shite to be competitive in 0.22" or Recoil class.

..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Lol Moore View Post
    Usually people in Open class are just buying an excuse because they can't rangefind or judge the wind worth a shite to be competitive in 0.22" or Recoil class.

LOL lots of laughs Moore. I can could shoot a springer usually two points off open. But all the 60s I have had are in Open. Don't see too many 58's in recoiling or .22 because the class is full of no hopers. Get a .177 pcp and come play with the men who can really shoot not pretend in the obscure classes,

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

mmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    LOL lots of laughs Moore. I can could shoot a springer usually two points off open. But all the 60s I have had are in Open. Don't see too many 58's in recoiling or .22 because the class is full of no hopers. Get a .177 pcp and come play with the men who can really shoot not pretend in the obscure classes,

Monkey

Simmmmmmmo, for you LOL is lots of love...
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...