Thread: A question on my BSA L pattern

A question on my BSA L pattern

A question for those who know.
    Is this the correct trigger guard for my L pattern # L14732 ?
    Also, what stocks are acceptable for this era BSA ?

Thanks

Looks to be a proper trigger guard. My .22 Standard and .177 Club Standard have the tang type. I dont have a L but im sure they would of used the same guards at some point. As for a stock, you can look on eb@y. Always some on there, but if no luck, I have some spare. (including one that is exactly like the one in the pictures)

Yes, that's the right Trigger Guard.

The only stock that is correct on this rifle is the semi rounded type you have. If you can repair or source an identical spare, that should help the rifle cosmetically.

John

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
    Looks to be a proper trigger guard. My .22 Standard and .177 Club Standard have the tang type. I dont have a L but im sure they would of used the same guards at some point. As for a stock, you can look on eb@y. Always some on there, but if no luck, I have some spare. (including one that is exactly like the one in the pictures)
    Hello huttles. I am waiting to find more on the importation of air rifle stocks but if you could send an email with images it would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Yes, that's the right Trigger Guard.
    The only stock that is correct on this rifle is the semi rounded type you have. If you can repair or source an identical spare, that should help the rifle cosmetically.
    John
    Hello John I have read about the factory use of pre war(?) stocks for post war issue. Would this be a possibility for my BSA given its serial number run?
    The current stock is 13 3/4".
    Although my preference is for this style stock, I have a bead on a pistol grip 13 1/4" and was wondering if this particular stock was possibly true to the era of my BSA.
    Then I would need a suitable trigger guard ( another hurdle ?) but it appears that the trigger block will accept one.

The trigger guard looked to have been adapted on the inside leading edge. It looks to have had some material filed off, which would indicate that it is not the correct trigger guard for that rifle. It looks more or less correct, and seems to have the correct bend on the trigger guard, but there is something amiss on the front, just behind the two screw holes.

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....d-a/#post-1739

Here are some photos from Danny Garvins website, so you can see the shapes of both cast and stamped trigger guards.

ATB

Lakey