Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
There is a difference between loading in the garage and storing kit in there.

Dies etc all kept in the house, press stays in the shed and doesn't rust (regular use probably helps this as the spare has started to rust) but the rest taken out and brought back as and when, also means you only have the one type of primer and powder to hand.
Thankfully I only use 2 types of powder and if I swapped either it would not be dangerous as the loads are v close, but its a good point. Many years ago a colleague had a near miss when his F Open rifle blew up. He did not have the confidence to hand load so a local RFD did it for him. Rumor was he used to reload on the shop counter and kept various powder bottles nearby, so it looks like a fast powder went in by accident. Went very quiet that one

I do have the radio on, you just have to get your process right, quick look accross the tray of cases before you load the bullets etc from different angles and you will see if any are not filled. This is one reason why I am not keen on progressive units as you may not notice a fault.

I keep the powder in either the 1kg bottles or 3KG plastic cans in a lockable plastic box.

To be honest if you give the press an occasional oil, and use it a lot, it wont rust.