Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Year that the Original/Diana 45 Was Released?!!!

That is why it’s called gentleman’s corner

In other sections there would have been a row followed by a thread deletion

How terribly civilised
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

I hang my head in shame and give respect to the ACCURATE historians of Orginal/Diana

I thought I had to get Drew a bottle of malt?

Or is it everyone else on the thread?

I will get Drew a half bottle of Balvine and he can have a go on my Hammerli 401 (once it is up and running). Hows that?

My 45, in .177, is date stamped 01.80 and was bought in north London. In those days, it was recommended we use H&N wad-cutters, of which I still have half a tin full. They were pretty accurate out to 35yds. Nearly 40 years later, mine is still doing approx. 11.5ft/lbs although I have only recently rediscovered my interest in springers.

If Drew wins the malt, perhaps he would reserve a glass for me therefrom, for my two-pence worth. A Balvenie would do rather pleasingly; it is just a question of whether it be the 12 or 15 or 16 yr old and the antecedence of the cask.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    It is the rifle that forced Weihrauch to design the HW80 and later 77.
    Dr Beeman wrote that he and Weihrauch originally designed the 80 and 77 at the same time, both with a 30mm cylinder and 80mm stroke.
    The shear weight and bulk of the original 77 prototypes sent them back to the drawing board where they redesigned the gun using a 25mm piston, so giving us the 77 as we know it.

All the best Mick

Dave.

Beeman was at the forefront of air rifle progress and getting European rifles to the US market. Sad that his operation is no more, and just as air rifles have really taken off in the USA. Much thanks must go to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I thought I had to get Drew a bottle of malt?

Or is it everyone else on the thread?

I will get Drew a half bottle of Balvine and he can have a go on my Hammerli 401 (once it is up and running). Hows that?
    Whisky and Hammerli stramash in Dundee. Sounds good. Boinger bash in miniature

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    My 45, in .177, is date stamped 01.80 and was bought in north London. In those days, it was recommended we use H&N wad-cutters, of which I still have half a tin full. They were pretty accurate out to 35yds. Nearly 40 years later, mine is still doing approx. 11.5ft/lbs although I have only recently rediscovered my interest in springers.

If Drew wins the malt, perhaps he would reserve a glass for me therefrom, for my two-pence worth. A Balvenie would do rather pleasingly; it is just a question of whether it be the 12 or 15 or 16 yr old and the antecedence of the cask.
    Late to the party and making straight for the bar!

I left skool in 1980. My mate's dad bought him a D45 (brand new), while we were still at school. I reckon that would have been in 1978 or 1979.

I'll have a pint of shandy, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Late to the party and making straight for the bar!

Indeed - no beating about the bush either! And its a double to start.