Thread: New airsporter

New airsporter

I have been looking for a project gun for a while and scooped a BSA airsporter RB2 carbine today. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of them in regards to trigger adjustment and tuning?

Play safe when doing trigger adjustment on that thing. By taking the stock off, you can view the sears.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    They can be a bit of a pain to strip as there's a few bits to take off and put back together properly, I think there must be some special technique to tuning them as the standard spit and polish type tune with synthetic guides doesn't seem to make a load of difference (well it didn't in mine), it still seems to twang a bit, I think it needs a bit more investigation to see what can be done.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I polished and lubed the sears a little bit, the trigger is still pretty stiff and creepy. The trigger mechanism is really much more simple than I expected. Mine is doing about 10.2 ft/lbs and feels a bit harsh (its a .177) The spring appears to be full of gunk but the rifle hardly looks like its been apart since it was new, I presume that everything is original. I would post some pics if I could.