Thread: Weihrauch HW 57 ... Why not more popular??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Weihrauch HW 57 ... Why not more popular??

Thinking about getting into one of these which seems like a good alternative to the HW 99 and would address most of the know issues but you hardly ever hear anything of them and they don't seem that popular ... does anybody know why especially as their other under levers are pretty much considered icon would have thought this would have similar stature.

If anyone happens to of had both be really interested to hear your thoughts on one vs the other.

Recently become popular at our club and having tried them all (both calibres) I liked the gun if you get the chance to try one take it I wasn't expecting much and got a very pleasant surprise.

I have seen it described on the website of one of the better know air gun shops saying it is possibly the worst gun Weihrauch have ever made (but still better than most guns on the market), It also states it has an unreliable pop up breech for sloppy inconsistent loading and that you can't fit a silencer. That said though I have never seen one in the flesh so that is the opinion of someone in the trade, not mine

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    I have seen it described on the website of one of the better know air gun shops saying it is possibly the worst gun Weihrauch have ever made (but still better than most guns on the market), It also states it has an unreliable pop up breech for sloppy inconsistent loading and that you can't fit a silencer. That said though I have never seen one in the flesh so that is the opinion of someone in the trade, not mine
    I read somewhere, might have been here, that the comments on that particular website were out of date and the shop intended to put things right. All in view of HW making changes to the design of the loading gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    I read somewhere, might have been here, that the comments on that particular website were out of date and the shop intended to put things right. All in view of HW making changes to the design of the loading gate.
    Do you know if the changes have been made or are planned. I must admit I quite fancied one myself but the comments put me off

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I shoot one now and again. I like it's quirkiness and it ain't bad, but if wanted to kill something humanely or score on a target, it wouldn't be my first choice of weirauch.

That said I have a 25, 30, 35, 55, 77, 80, 90, 95, 97, 99 and 100 to chose from.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Do you know if the changes have been made or are planned. I must admit I quite fancied one myself but the comments put me off
    As far as I know yes, the improvements have been made. On second thoughts I seem to remember reading the comments in either Gumart or AGW, the loading gate "shaved" the odd pellet but now that's been rectified

Please don't take this as gospel because I don't have one nor the article to hand so best check when you see one.

Found it!

https://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/...weihrauch-hw57