Thread: .25 Flatheads

.25 Flatheads

Does anyone know of a stockist of .25 flathead pellets. I have just one tin of H and N flathead pellets and would like to source some more, but for the life of me I have not found anyone advertising any.
    Any assistance in this search will be gratefully received.
    Cheers 🍻

Our fine sponsor, JS Ramsbottom, show a very decent choice of .25 ammo. No wadcutters, though, but there are some hollow points. I've just also had a look on the H&N site and they're not showing any flat heads in their .25 selection.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I wrote to jsb to produce a light .25 pellet like ftt h&n, never got a reply..., no interest whatsoever

What weight are the h&n wadcutters ?

Quote Originally Posted by krisko View Post
    I wrote to jsb to produce a light .25 pellet like ftt h&n, never got a reply..., no interest whatsoever
    Probably no market for them, most people who shoot .25 are not subject to the 12fpe limit whatever country they are from.

It's a shame the .25 mosquito isn't around anymore, that was nice at sub 12.

H and N wadcutters

Weight is 21 grains.
    These are absolutely perfect for rats and squirrels up to 20-25 yards and since I only have one tin I don't want to shoot them if there aren't any more, so hence the post.
    If anyone knows of a shop that has some could they kindly let me know. The pellets I have now were purchased 10 years ago and I haven't come across any since then.
    I think my last tin will go in the pellet collection and stay there.

Give Manchester Airguns a call, they may be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitzer View Post
    Give Manchester Airguns a call, they may be able to help.

Just had a look at their website they do not list a .25 wadcutter what makes you say they may be able to help?

Then in that case the prob can't help, but who knows.

Try Field Target Trophy, says 19.91gr on the tin.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcurmudgeon View Post
    Weight is 21 grains.
    These are absolutely perfect for rats and squirrels up to 20-25 yards and since I only have one tin I don't want to shoot them if there aren't any more, so hence the post.
    If anyone knows of a shop that has some could they kindly let me know. The pellets I have now were purchased 10 years ago and I haven't come across any since then.
    I think my last tin will go in the pellet collection and stay there.

Ftt's are now 21grn, & accurate in my 80 .25, but have a look at bisley pest control, they are heavier, but the hollow point is almost as big as the skirt. If you would like a few to try pm me.

Rob

You don't say what power your rifle is running at but I'm assuming legal limit. I like .25 and use it quite a bit. If you are using it for ratting then I certainly would use Bisley Pest Control. They clearly are loopy but for short range ratting they are fine. To me wadcutters are purely for target shooting. I don't really see the point for other types of shooting.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Wadcutters

Yes I am shooting within legal limit, and when I had good supplies using them out to 20 yards it was always lights out when they hit. These really were the Bees Knees in mu Tomahawk and while FTT work well its just not the same as the wadcutters.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcurmudgeon View Post
    Yes I am shooting within legal limit, and when I had good supplies using them out to 20 yards it was always lights out when they hit. These really were the Bees Knees in mu Tomahawk and while FTT work well its just not the same as the wadcutters.
    I picked up a few packs of RWS Super H.points in.the recent Ramsbottom sale.
    Have you tried those?
    Dave

I have tried the RWS hollow point, a bit to heavy and not as decisive as the wadcutters. What I think is really needed is a.25 version of the hobby pellet and that would really fit the bill.
    But the chances of that occurring are, well, I'm not a bookie so I have no idea what the odds' would be on the fate of such a project.