Thread: New Webley Nemesis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    I did a wee bit of research as well and as far as I can tell, the alecto was manufactured for webley by atakarms, webley then dropped it and atakarms started producing it for themselves. Zoraki seems to be the designation the company gives all it's pistols.

I've had the nemesis, pr15 and my favourite which I should never have sold, fwb100.. what a beauty! One If like the nemesis as well though.. the pr15 I got when they came out, it kept pinching my hand when closing so I got rid.
    Yes, Atakarms is the company, Zoracki is the brand name.

The PR-45 is in my view at least as good as the Nemesis. Have both, and FAS604, and Compact. The HW40 is obviously a great gun, but I dislike its “trying too hard” looks.

Atakarms own version of the Alecto, the Zoraki HP-01, was already in production when the Alecto was introduced by Webley.
    The only exploded diagram and parts list I was able to obtain at the time, was for the Zoraki HP-01.

I bought one of the first Nemesis in the clam shell packaging and subsequently bought a lot, although not all, of the colour variations both in clam shells and the later boxes. I sold most of them, including a gold coloured presentation model, to another very keen collector, but still have a couple left along with some spares.
    In my opinion, the SSP Nemesis was ideal as a relatively low powered plinker.
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 05-10-2018 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Edited to appease the pedants.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Not that low powered, my .177 shoots at near 450fps which is pretty much as you'll see out of the majority of springers let alone SSP'S.

450 fps? Are you sure about that?

That's approx. 60 fps more than the 604 which has a larger compression cylinder.

Four hundred and fifty
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Yep... Chrono'd figures as well - it was 44something...

I have to admit even I was surprised at the results and checked the chrono at the with a known gun and it was reading right.
    As far as I'm aware it's in standard form.

I've got to do some more chrono work over the next couple of weeks with my rifle - if I get time I'll recheck it.

I have thought that the cylinder pressure might be more influential than the outright volume of the cylinder on short barreled pistols?
    Last edited by harvey_s; 05-10-2018 at 03:11 PM.

I like it for £120 good for the garden and i like the way you can change the bolt over if your L/H
    The point is to have fun