Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Webley Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by Brimfire View Post
    Would still like to know if the gun is based on a CP1 though, which, in my view, wouldn't do it any harm at all.
    I don't think it's based on the CP1 , but that's my opinion . The CP1 is a mighty fine pistol , in fact possibly the most accurate CO2 pistol that I've shot . The Nemesis is something different , more like a 2240/CP1 / HW40 combination . Obviously not SSP but in shape it's similar to the HW40 whilst the action reminds me of the 2240/CP1 .

Thanks for that - the L shaped slot for the bolt just screamed CP1 at me and, as it's largely always been with airguns, it seems easier to dress up an existing design rather than create something new from scratch. Hence my suspicion.

I've already got a CP1 so I doubt I'll be getting one of these but I am a bit bemused by the reaction to this pistol - was the original Nemesis really that revered? I've had a brief session with one a while back and the only thing I can recall was that it didn't feel comfortable in the hand at all.

New Nemesis

Just thought I would add my comment now I have had one for a couple of weeks as people seem to slate it without seeing it, holding it or shooting it! Lets start with the obvious..I absolutely love the original Webley pistols (10 and counting) but this is not from that classic era. Modern "Webley" are just using the connection for marketing as any business would. At least the Turkish factory is still giving us pistols to shoot (albeit made in China) and should be so acknowledged for doing so when there is such an anti gun hysteria at present. I bought it "as new" in .177 for £100 posted off the BBS (easy purchase from a nice chap) So onto my brief thoughts;

For what I class to be a budget pistol its well made. The polymer is well molded, its solid, feels good in the hand and on aim, no rattles and points well. Feels like a much more expensive pistol to me. Its HW45 size but lighter.

Sights are good, clear with glowing inserts. Only the front sight is adjustable for windage but mine didn't need it. Be careful you keep the grub screws tightened as mine were loose. Easy to fit a red dot or laser as lots of rails.

Cocks easy and bolt reversible for left hookers. Cross-bolt safety is positive and works well.

The single shot try is a nice freebie and works well. The mag has functioned flawlessly but is an all polymer molding so probably not going to last forever but at least it will always shoot with the shot tray in the future if needed. I was surprised to note that the mag can be stripped to component parts so it may last longer that expected. Replacements are cheap enough and I will prob buy one to keep as a spare for the future.

Trigger is surprising good. It is two stage and breaks clean and lightly. From the factory the first stage is very long but what is not mentioned anywhere online or in the instructions is that the first stage can be shortened by a small allen key/grub screw on the face of the trigger. A couple of twists and the trigger first stage on mine was halved to a very very nice let-off. Worthy of something much more expensive. The let off weight is ideal as from the factory so I have no intention of stripping it to see if the let off is adjustable, but I suspect it is.

Its threaded for a mod and if you choose a small slimline one it has no influence on the sight picture if you want to stay with open sights. I stuck a small 5" one on and its perfect. Tames the report to a nice quiet thud. Not too bad without it but not worth annoying the neighbours.

Mine is .177 and is doing around 3.5ftlbs. It was cold so may rise a little in summer but not bad for a .177. The .22 is likely to do more being more efficient. Now accuracy is what surprised me the most. I have a 6m indoor range and with a weaver style off hand (unsupported) two handed grip it will put all 14 shots in a 5p piece group with open sights (.177 RWS Superdomes) which I think for the the price of it is pretty good. At 6m it shoots about 1.5 inches high but that is probably ideal for longer ranges tin can bashing in the garden. With a small red dot such as a Hawke RD25 I think this will be an excellent combo.

I am getting about 4 mags per co2 bulb before you notice any drop off so not bad.

In conclusion...I like it and rate it. It feels very nice on aim and is the sort of pistol you want to pick up and shoot. I can see these been modded as time goes by as they are cheap to start with and offer potential similar to the Crosman 2240. Please don't disregard it as not being a true "Webley" as its a lot of gun for the money. Try one before you slate it.

They sold out at my RFD before I got there!
    I like the price.

Great write-up, wildy.

I (partially) retract my earlier scepticism. I’m still not persuaded it’s great, I still dislike what “Webley” has become, I still dislike the recycling of model names from better days, but, heck, maybe this thing is a decent bit of kit at its price.

"Nemesis"

I must admit I have no idea why they thought they would call it Nemesis..daft! .. but I am struggling to diss it in terms of price/quality/power/accuracy. I keep having to remind myself it was so cheap.

Thumbs up

Good review and glad you are enjoying it Wildy and nice to hear its performing well.
    Thanks again for an easy deal..

Tried one at the range recently. just a handful of shots but it felt not bad. Pistol grip a touch small for my ape hands but acceptable. Easier to cock and load than a CP1 and the magazine worked well. Pretty loud bark from it though.

Time will tell but, on it's own merits and ignoring the Heritage Issue, I think it deserves to be quite popular.

Only been able to handle one in a shop, but I was surprised how good it felt in the hand. I looked at the Umarex RP5 pistol at the same time, and was very unimpressed how flimsy it felt in comparison to the Nemesis.
    I was fully expecting it to be the other way around!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?