Thread: Optisan EVX 3-12×44 opinions please

Optisan EVX 3-12×44 opinions please

Hello all,

After opinions on the Optisan EVX 3-12×44 please.
    Had MTC scopes in the past and liked them, but haven't seen any recent ones in the flesh...

Bit of a lump of a scope by my standards, but it's on at what looks like a very good price at Optics Warehouse currently.

Cheers in advance,
    Tim

Not bad scopes at all - I had one for a while but, couldn't get on with it.

The new SCB reticle is overly complicated and too fine for my eyes - the older MTC scopes and original SCB reticle are better, in my opinion.

All of the above.

I find it excellent - clearer and better at light gathering than my Sightron SIII. The glass is very much better than the old MTC version as are the coatings. The reticle is not SCB, it is a straightforward half mildot, but it is quite fine. In my opinion it is outstanding value at £199. I have two

Are they as good as the old MTCs for use with night vision?

Discovery optics do decent small ffp scope with swfa style reticule and you can fit pellets into the holes on the turrets.

My MTC is full of some black dust, probably some o ring deteriorating... only few years old
    Pile of poo, plus where exactly my zero position would be...the turret won’t click anymore. Most annoying

Try this on the 11.11 https://www.aliexpress.com

Discovery-VT-3-3-12X44SF-First-focal-plane-FFP-tactical
    Last edited by krisko; 01-11-2018 at 05:27 PM.

I had one for about two months very good glass in full day light and low light.
    Unfortunately I could not get used to the reticle far to cluttered for my eyes as I’m getting on abit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
    Are they as good as the old MTCs for use with night vision?
    No. They will work ok but, the original is far superior with NV.

All of the above.

Optisan

Theyre great scopes mate, i have one on my hw100kt lam .20 and ive literally just ordered another for my incoming hw100kt in .177. Great scope for hunting and for hft. Not too heavy. Much lighter than the hawke endurance i had and much better glass. The reticle on these is the MH10. Only ones available on the deal from optics warehouse i believe. Very nice reticle. I prefer the eve model, only for the fact its got low profile turrets and the evx has target turrets. But you get better flip ups with the evx, a parallax side wheel and a sunshade. For £199 its a bargain. If you get it via their fleabay account you also get free postage. Ordered mine with a caldwell stinger rifle rest. Get one mate, you wont regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake267 View Post
    Theyre great scopes mate, i have one on my hw100kt lam .20 and ive literally just ordered another for my incoming hw100kt in .177. Great scope for hunting and for hft. Not too heavy. Much lighter than the hawke endurance i had and much better glass. The reticle on these is the MH10. Only ones available on the deal from optics warehouse i believe. Very nice reticle. I prefer the eve model, only for the fact its got low profile turrets and the evx has target turrets. But you get better flip ups with the evx, a parallax side wheel and a sunshade. For £199 its a bargain. If you get it via their fleabay account you also get free postage. Ordered mine with a caldwell stinger rifle rest. Get one mate, you wont regret it.

Thanks to everyone for their info.

Think I may have to give it a whirl. Had also been thinking about the Hawke Vantage SF 3-12x44, but this seems a better bet....

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for their info.

Think I may have to give it a whirl. Had also been thinking about the Hawke Vantage SF 3-12x44, but this seems a better bet....
    Good choice mate, i think theyre better than hawkes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    No. They will work ok but, the original is far superior with NV.
    Thanks