Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bargain...unfortunately

Bargain...unfortunately

The advantage of a parent living in France with 14 acres of woods and fields is plenty of space to ship over and use a few toys.

The disadvantage is when Mum 'sells' them off to locals when moving back to uk....without asking, or what they are worth....because the nice man might like them...

Nothing too special just:
    1x Nice original 60's Meteor .22
    1 x salvaged and refinished Supersport .177
    1 x Ratcatcher...with crooked barn breach and cocking lever .22

Not a bad deal at 100 euros all in for the 'nice local guy who wants the little one for his son as they are just toys to him....'

Never mind what was also included in the deal ie;
    1x Simmons diamond ret 4-12 x 40
    1x cheap 4 x32
    1x cheap ( i think...) red dot
    1x single rifle hard case
    1x single rifle padded soft case
    various tins of (quality i.e. shipped from UK) pellets....

Thank goodness there was nothing too serious from my collection over there....!

Quelle dommage...

S.
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk

Ouch

Reminds me of a friends comment about his pushbike collection " my main worry is that, if I die, my wife will sell my bikes for what I told her they cost"

My mother sold off my Action Men for a tenner. That there were some rare items that were worth a few hundred was beyond her. Same went for my plastic Airfix soldiers.

I’ve still got my actionmen all in the original boxes and my grown up kids both have a full collection of these stupid Pokemon cards

Quote Originally Posted by scgevans View Post
    The advantage of a parent living in France with 14 acres of woods and fields is plenty of space to ship over and use a few toys.

The disadvantage is when Mum 'sells' them off to locals when moving back to uk....without asking, or what they are worth....because the nice man might like them...

Not a bad deal at 100 euros all in for the 'nice local guy who wants the little one for his son as they are just toys to him....'

1x cheap 4 x32

Quelle dommage...

S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    My mother sold off my Action Men for a tenner. That there were some rare items that were worth a few hundred was beyond her. Same went for my plastic Airfix soldiers.

Ouch!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by 22springer View Post
    My main worry is that, if I die, my wife will sell my bikes for what I told her they cost"
    But if he's dead, would it bother him ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Very much 'Ouch'.

Told this before. The ex Dragon and I did a loft clearance. Loads of old toys from our kid's childhoods, a lot mint, in original boxes, some hardly used.

Local school had a pre Christmas indoor 'Boot Sale'. So probably like the old jumble sales. Doors opened for sellers at something like 7am. Open to buyers at 8am. We are there at 7am. As we are carrying stuff into the school from the car buyers are literally in the back of our car ( I mean physically in the back of the estate car with back seats down ) and looking through stuff. We set up. Doors open at 8am. Bloke wanders up to us and picks up a few things ... " You don't do much of this mate do you? ". I said that we didn't ... just clearing the loft. He adds " You won't sell anything at a place like this for more than a couple of quid ... people won't pay it ". We had a few things that were mint in originally boxes that had cost over 100 quid and we had priced them at around 10 quid etc. He starts offering 2 quid for this and a quid for that. I say that we are in no rush and we'll just wait and let the sale conclude.

After an hour we are getting bored. Not sold much. The bloke appears again with the same conversation. After another hour we are now seriously bored. This goes on until after a few hours we agree to sell lots of things to this bloke for peanuts.

There were people selling in the main school entrance and in the main hall. We were in the main hall. We decide to pack up what we have left and go home. As we walk through the entrance area there is a big crowd around one seller. All you could hear is ... " Come on Ladies and Gents ... I'm not even going to charge you 40 ... not even 30 ... who will give me 20 quid for this mint example in the original box ". People were fighting over who could get their money to him first.

Yup ... It's that really nice bloke that told us we wouldn't get more than a couple of quid for anything ... flogging off our kid's childhoods for 10, 20 30 quid an item.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyman1963 View Post
    I’ve still got my actionmen all in the original boxes and my grown up kids both have a full collection of these stupid Pokemon cards
    My Actionman went AWOL for a while, upon his return we held a Court Marshal where he was found guilty of desertion, so I tied him to a post in the garden and shot him with a Hawk MK2.

I didn't like the way he rolled his eagle eyes at me anyway, and if you tried to have a conversation with him he just kept repeating himself over and over again --- 'twas a mercy killing really.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    My Mum gave all my Action man, He man, metal Tonka and Star Wars stuff to charity.

I hope they got a good price for them!

Probably all worth thousands now.
    Master Debater

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by 22springer View Post

Reminds me of a friends comment about his pushbike collection " my main worry is that, if I die, my wife will sell my bikes for what I told her they cost "
    Suplement the word bikes for the words air guns, and there is a long established member on here who has a similarly worded strap line as his signature.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Suplement the word bikes for the words air guns, and there is a long established member on here who has a similarly worded strap line as his signature.
    BAR offered a second receipt service for showing wives.
    Master Debater

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

BAR offered a second receipt service for showing wives.
    Ha ha ha ha. Brilliant. Good old Lloyd.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Well........

Quote Originally Posted by scgevans View Post

1x cheap 4 x32

Quelle dommage...

S.
    At least you will get to choose the home you per her in
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    A re-enactor friend of mine said that all his stuff was bought in 'wife pounds' which had a currency exchange rate of about 66p in the pound

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    A re-enactor friend of mine said that all his stuff was bought in 'wife pounds' which had a currency exchange rate of about 66p in the pound
    Yes, and funny how shoes, handbags etc are bought in 'man pounds' (how much ?!)
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177