Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petition Prevent the prohibition of Air Weapons on Private Land for those Under 18.

Petition Prevent the prohibition of Air Weapons on Private Land for those Under 18.

The Government has recently debated imposing a ban on all under 18s using an air weapon on private land. The impact of this would be wide ranging. The majority of clay, game and target shooters learn their initial skills using an air gun.
    This bill would prevent any adult from even supervising this early experience, with long standing and catastrophic effects for all shooters. This clause was dropped from the Offensive Weapons Bill, however the Home Office has warned that it may return, effectively banning air gun use for anyone under 18 anywhere other than at an approved club. Both the shooting industry and organisations are warning that this will be the first rung on the ladder leading to gun prohibition in the UK.
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229694

Signed.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    The Government has recently debated imposing a ban on all under 18s using an air weapon on private land. The impact of this would be wide ranging. The majority of clay, game and target shooters learn their initial skills using an air gun.
    This bill would prevent any adult from even supervising this early experience, with long standing and catastrophic effects for all shooters. This clause was dropped from the Offensive Weapons Bill, however the Home Office has warned that it may return, effectively banning air gun use for anyone under 18 anywhere other than at an approved club. Both the shooting industry and organisations are warning that this will be the first rung on the ladder leading to gun prohibition in the UK.
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229694
    A petition against a clause that has already been removed?
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Didn't this come up again yesterday?!
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Didn't this come up again yesterday?!

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I have the day off work and this film on Blu ray.

Guess I'm having a gin and tonic and putting a film on now!
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by westy306 View Post
    Signed
    Did you not read post 4?
    Master Debater

I'm pretty sure that even though it's been knocked at this time ,it can still be brought up again before they decide in the current bill readings.

Post here

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ns-bill-latest

Post #19 here too http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....68#post7567068
    Last edited by bighit; 06-10-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Did you get the petition in the guntrader email ?
    I had it too and posted on here without knowing it had already been dropped.
    Waiting for a reply from guntrader asking if they know what day it is ?
    Rust never sleeps !

https://petition.parliament.uk/petit...e=2&state=open

Check for yourselves this is still a live petition, I have added the link to the list of petitions that are currently open.
    If are you sure that it no longer poses a threat to our sport don’t sign it, on the other hand if you are not sure and have not proved it for yourself, just make sure that you are not just sitting back and watching your sport vanish before you eyes!

This petition is near the bottom of the list.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petit...e=2&state=open

Check for yourselves this is still a live petition, I have added the link to the list of petitions that are currently open.
    If are you sure that it no longer poses a threat to our sport don’t sign it, on the other hand if you are not sure and have not proved it for yourself, just make sure that you are not just sitting back and watching your sport vanish before you eyes!

This petition is near the bottom of the list.
    The petition may well still be open/live, but the proposal has been removed from the bill, so it's a petition against something that has already been dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    The petition may well still be open/live, but the proposal has been removed from the bill, so it's a petition against something that has already been dropped.
    I can't find any proof it has been removed from the bill, point me in the right direction so I can look into it for myself.

I can't find any proof it has been removed from the bill, point me in the right direction so I can look into it for myself.
    There's a thread on here where someone posted a link to the developments after the last meeting and the above amendment/proposal was removed, search the various posts about the bill & you'll find it.