Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New FWB Sport?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I suppose the German springs are much smaller in size. The American market must, by contrast, have a rather larger spring but I presume the chamber and piston are the same, in both instances.

I cannot understand, therefore, why the factory does not just produce a bigger spring. Surely it is as simple as that. Even as few as one production run once a month would do the job - unless they do not want to compete with HW, etc. They could even be assembled here, although that would be rather a strange way of going about it.

Personally, I would prefer a 22 but that would involve making a new barrel, unless they can redesign one from another model.

Perhaps other readers could make representations to Centra, whose email address I have supplied above. They, in turn, could press the factory for a reasoned response.

A
    I guess they reckon that the market for a U.K.-only springer that would cost £100 more than a TX, and £150-200 more than an HW80/85/90/95 just isn’t big enough to justify making one.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I guess they reckon that the market for a U.K.-only springer that would cost £100 more than a TX, and £150-200 more than an HW80/85/90/95 just isn’t big enough to justify making one.
    Good point. Still, for the sake of a new spring, the costs would be marginal and it is a quality rifle after all. They might have to justify why their product is superior to HW but it seems that HWs have to be tuned, these days, as a matter of course. That is a cost too and one reason I will not buy one.

FWB Sport

I did hear that the barrels are made by Lothar walther for FWB...if this is so? I think walther may have a few in stock!! And a spring wouldn't be much of a problem. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 12-10-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    I did hear that the barrels are made by walther for FWB...if this is so? I think Walther may have a few in stock!! And a spring wouldn't be much of a problem. Mach 1.5
    I would these days assume that most premium air rifles would have a Lothar Walther barrel.

Lothar Walther being a different company from the better known (Carl) Walther company, which is now a brand name for GSG/Umarex.

You are still talking £550-600 for a break-barrel. And a break-barrel the reviews of which say it’s rather nice, but not miles ahead of, eg, the Umarex Walther, the HWs, tuned HWs, Birmingham Webley (esp Venom) Longbows and Tomahawks, etc.
    Last edited by Geezer; 12-10-2018 at 06:19 PM.

When VMach sorted mine out they fitted one of their springs to the std spring guide as the fit was spot on and then a top hat abit of a polish etc. Job done and 11.4 ft lbs. Steve said he could do more to it but the cost would have gone up also. Anyway I'm happy with the way mine performs. Mach 1.5
    I also had a shoot with your gun at the Bash(cheers Paul) and very nice it was too, a nice handling rifle with a pleasant fireing cycle. It looks better in the flesh ,then in the photos.
    It's not a cheap gun but is very well made.
    Les..

FWB Sport

With the new price increase in AA and HW's. I.E Pro sport being £670 the sport is cheap!! Mach 1.5

With the new price increase in AA and HW's. I.E Pro sport being £670 the sport is cheap!! Mach 1.5

...and given this thread has received nearly 800 views in around a week, I suspect there could be significant demand if this rifle could be made available for the UK market and also in .22. Perhaps, if enough people contacted Centra in Woking - the agents - it might happen.
    Last edited by andrewM; 14-10-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Any movement or news on this?

I'm strangely drawn to this ugly beast.

Anyone on here own one?

Maybe I will have to have a word with myself!

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....port-MK4/page3

I would say that if you want one buy a German spec one and put a spring in it. I don't think fwb will ever do a uk spec one due to the low demand I'm afraid.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

It is pleasing to see this thread resuscitated. Were FWB to produce a .22 (5.5mm) barrel, I would purchase one.

It is strange that there appears to be a reluctance on the part of FWB, given that their 124 and 127 in the 1970s and 1980s were such a success in the UK and available at a reasonable price. Perhaps the demand in those days was somewhat higher than it would be today, given the development of the pcp. On the other hand, even at a premium price - which they would secure within reason - there would almost certainly be demand.

I would suggest further lobbying of the importer, whose details appear earlier in the thread. A simple email would do.
    Last edited by andrewM; 05-01-2020 at 08:11 PM.