Thread: New FWB Sport?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New FWB Sport?

This might be a post for the 'General' section but given there are so many FWB collectors, here, it might be of greater interest to those on the 'Collectibles' section.

I noticed on the Feinwerkbau website this reference to a new Sport:

https://www.feinwerkbau.de/en/Sporti...EW-Model-Sport

I have a feeling I have seen some reference to this before - perhaps somewhere on this site. I also noted, from the links within the website page, above, that the calibre is only 177 and the energy was denoted in joules rather than ft/lb (I think they said 7j and 18j). This might only be a rifle for the German and USA markets. On the other hand, given the size of the UK market, perhaps a UK version is in prospect?

Anyone know anything?

On the same tack, what has become of the long awaited new Sterling springer? Has this died a death? I rather doubt there was much demand for their copy of the Webley Mk2, not least due to the suggested price.

Introduced in 2014. Not officially imported to the U.K. Does not appear to have been a great success, in part due to its very high price.

A couple of members have imported or obtained the odd one. Loads to love about the classics but the new modeling of the stock is a little too Germanic and angular for many tastes. The price once over here isn't so attractive either.
    I'm unsure what mechanically they have done if anything. Losing the sling attachment is to me a real loss. For a modern Sport it really needs to add something extra and have some of the more advanced springer features to be more than just a remodeling of the old system. Improvement of the trigger would be one. A glided or full guided innards might be possite. However I don't think there is anything this has that the old didn't. The old classic looks better too.

The basic question is what does it bring to the table that a HW95 doesn't?

I too would like to know more.

I discovered this online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNXS16fTToY&t=1183s

It is an interesting video in itself but at the end they review the FWB (a few minutes before the end of the video) and the commentator refers to the possibility that the new Sport will be introduced into the UK, albeit at a price.

I wonder if the lock-up mechanism has been improved.

Mach 1.5 very kindly brought his to the last bash and it's an absolute cracker. The feel and fit of the rifle are very good when handling the angularity is actually very good ergonomic design not everyone's cup of tea but definitely mine .

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Mach 1.5 very kindly brought his to the last bash and it's an absolute cracker. The feel and fit of the rifle are very good when handling the angularity is actually very good ergonomic design not everyone's cup of tea but definitely mine .
    I must agree.
    I too had a little go with this rifle and it was exceptional.
    I have a MK1 which after an extensive refurb stands me about the same price as the new model would.
    If I had the available funds I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Thanks for that, Bluefan and gtfreight; now I am even more curious. But from where did Mach 1.5 get his? Is there an importer? And what about the power? At 18 joules, this sounds as if it is over the 12ft/lb limit.