Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New FWB Sport?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Thanks for that. I wonder if they will introduce it into the UK and at what price. I am rather tempted and rather like the new look, minor thought that point is.
    List price in the states is $1000 (£760). Street price is around $800 (£600).

You can find the 7.5J one at Krale in Holland for around £550, and on some German websites for a bit over £500. Add shipping and the cost of a replacement spring. And any professional tuning/fitting you want.

FWB Sport

I didn't think there are plans to import it into the UK otherwise they would have done it 4 years ago when arrived on the market. Mach 1.5

Price reduction ! Down to £564 GBP

Tasty looking IMHO. Hard to believe a British importer hasn't clapped on to this, the only reason i can think of is poor margins.

https://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/...bau-sport.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brickhill View Post
    Price reduction ! Down to £564 GBP

Tasty looking IMHO. Hard to believe a British importer hasn't clapped on to this, the only reason i can think of is poor margins.

https://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/...bau-sport.html
    There are only about twenty people in the U.K. who would consider spending that much (or more) on a beech-stocked break-barrel factory sporter, and half of them are on this thread. 😀

Well, I will try to put an end to this speculation. I have just sent a message to the factory, via their website contact form. I shall revert when they respond.
    I would be interested in .22 but not 177 but would like to try it out first.

FWB Sport

They are only available in .177 unless FWB have introduced the .22 calibre now?. How about one. 22, 16 inch barrel, walnut stock and sling swivels like the old sport and a price of £475.. now that would sell. Oh well we can dream. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    They are only available in .177 unless FWB have introduced the .22 calibre now?. How about one. 22, 16 inch barrel, walnut stock and sling swivels like the old sport and a price of £475.. now that would sell. Oh well we can dream. Mach 1.5
    Yes, I would take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    I’d buy that. Though I might prefer 14.5”.

Warning. Thread derail. Air Arms, are you listening?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    There are only about twenty people in the U.K. who would consider spending that much (or more) on a beech-stocked break-barrel factory sporter, and half of them are on this thread. 😀
    I appreciate your learned opinion sir but my considered view differs from yours. If these guns were easily available in the UK they might just fly off the shelves.

Response from Feinwerkbau - see below. They are not aware of any introduction into the UK but, curiously, suggest I contact their UK rep, which I shall do as well.

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are not aware of that.

We kindly ask you to get in contact with our representative in England regarding the purchase/prices of Model Sport:

Centra UK

Mr. Ian Shirra-Gibb

P.O.Box 2000,

Woking, Surrey

GU21 4GF

Phone/ Fax: 0044/1483756969

Email: sales@centra-uk.co.uk

Web: www.centra-uk.co.uk

If you have any queries please feel free to get in contact with us at any time.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen l kind regards

Petra Armbruster
    Verkauf l Sales
    E-Mail: petra.armbruster@feinwerkbau.de
    FEINWERKBAU GmbH
    E-Mail: info@feinwerkbau.de

Your request / message:*

There is some speculation in Britain that you will export the Feinwerkbau Sport to this country, adapting it slightly, so it meets our power requirements. Is there any likelihood of this? The older FWB 124 and 127 were very popular here and retain a healthy following, over 30 years later.

Unquote

Response from Feinwerkbau - see below. They are not aware of any introduction into the UK but, curiously, suggest I contact their UK rep, which I shall do as well.

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are not aware of that.

We kindly ask you to get in contact with our representative in England regarding the purchase/prices of Model Sport:

Centra UK

Mr. Ian Shirra-Gibb

P.O.Box 2000,

Woking, Surrey

GU21 4GF

Phone/ Fax: 0044/1483756969

Email: sales@centra-uk.co.uk

Web: www.centra-uk.co.uk

If you have any queries please feel free to get in contact with us at any time.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen l kind regards

Petra Armbruster
    Verkauf l Sales
    E-Mail: petra.armbruster@feinwerkbau.de
    FEINWERKBAU GmbH
    E-Mail: info@feinwerkbau.de

Your request / message:*

There is some speculation in Britain that you will export the Feinwerkbau Sport to this country, adapting it slightly, so it meets our power requirements. Is there any likelihood of this? The older FWB 124 and 127 were very popular here and retain a healthy following, over 30 years later.

Unquote
    Hi Andrew

When you contact Centra, hopefully they'll tell you their conclusions gained from this :-

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    These folks imported some new Sports :-

http://www.centrauksurrey.co.uk/about-us.php

They gave one to a well known tuner to get him to see what work would be involved in altering the gun specially for the UK market.
    Unfortunately I turned down the opportunity of shooting the resulting gun at the Boinger Bash as at the time I had just repainted the targets and didn't want to get paint on the woodwork --- I think TonyL had a go with it though.

All the best Mick

I have now had a very prompt reply from the UK Agents, quote:

"Thank you for the copy of a recent e mail to FWB ref FWB Sport.

As you correctly state the only rifle available at this time is low powered and in .177 Cal

For Information we have asked many times if the factory were ever going to consider a 12 foot pound version but there was little or no apparent interest to produce one.

Also the price is expensive even for the current model. We have as an exersise uprated a std model some time ago and it worked well at about 11.2 foot ponds but this would not be done by the factory.

If you have has any other information about a new model becoming available i would be very intrested to hear where from.

As the importing wholesaler we do not have retail price's ,we leave that up to the trade to set their own level as required ,but at the time we would expect it to be in the Mid £500'S
    Regards

Ian Shirra-Gibb
    Sales Centra Uk
    Ian Shirra-Gibb"

This was the email I sent them:

"Sent: 11 October 2018 09:54
    To: sales@centra-uk.co.uk
    Subject: Feinwerkbau Sport enquiry

Dear Mr Shirra-Gibb,

Per the correspondence beneath, Feinwerkbau has suggested I contact
    you. I emailed them as follows:

"There is some speculation in Britain that you will export the
    Feinwerkbau Sport to this country, adapting it slightly, so it meets
    our power requirements. Is there any likelihood of this? The older FWB
    124 and 127 were very popular here and retain a healthy following,
    over 30 years later."

Is there any possibility that the rifle will be imported into the UK
    and slightly altered to conform to the power requirements here and,
    perhaps, that an option of 22 could be made available, in addition?
    Given the size of the UK market and the minor expense to adapt the
    rifle, this would appear to be an opportunity with some potential.
    Indeed, I still own a 1981/2 FWB 127 Sport; it is highly accurate with
    a first class power output, nearly 40 years later. I would certainly
    be interested in an upgraded equivalent, as would many enthusiasts." Unquote.

I have followed this up with a further email, asking the Agents to press the factory. One can but try! It is not as if big changes would have to be made to the design, although a 22 barrel would create some expenditure.

A

We have as an exersise uprated a std model some time ago and it worked well at about 11.2 foot pounds but this would not be done by the factory.
    This is the gun that was brought to the Boinger Bash a couple of years ago for folks to have a play with, as far as I know the chap who tuned it for Centra still has it.

All the best Mick

FWB Sport

When VMach sorted mine out they fitted one of their springs to the std spring guide as the fit was spot on and then a top hat abit of a polish etc. Job done and 11.4 ft lbs. Steve said he could do more to it but the cost would have gone up also. Anyway I'm happy with the way mine performs. Mach 1.5

I suppose the German springs are much smaller in size. The American market must, by contrast, have a rather larger spring but I presume the chamber and piston are the same, in both instances.

I cannot understand, therefore, why the factory does not just produce a bigger spring. Surely it is as simple as that. Even as few as one production run once a month would do the job - unless they do not want to compete with HW, etc. They could even be assembled here, although that would be rather a strange way of going about it.

Personally, I would prefer a 22 but that would involve making a new barrel, unless they can redesign one from another model.

Perhaps other readers could make representations to Centra, whose email address I have supplied above. They, in turn, could press the factory for a reasoned response.

A