Thread: Pistol shooting glasses?

Pistol shooting glasses?

Hi guys,

I think I'm going to need a pair of shooting glasses for at least my 10m pistol shooting, maybe my prone as well??

the only place I can find a selection for glasses is Intershoot. The prices range from £75-£345, but there doesn't seem to be much of a choice. Is there a place that offer a reasonable pair at a reasonable price that have good adjustment, or do I really have to spend about £300 for something worth having?

https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/Varga_Frames.html

Thanks.
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 13-10-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Can't be any pistol shooters on this forum today that wear shooting glasses?
    Or maybe Intershoot stocks the whole range offered to the UK market and I should just choose one from their range?

Then I'll go for the Champion Olympic in 42mm.

Job done.

Shooting glasses

Just seen this.
    I wear them. Currently using the Champion Super Olympics. Have been for the last couple of years. A tad heavy, but easy to adjust.
    There a bit expensive. But then my Pilla clay shooting glasses cost me £850. So around half the price of those.

I mainly use shooting glasses as opposed to normal glasses, as I need a diopter. I like to have the sights and the black of the target in focus. The wrong thing to do. But it works for me.

Knobloch are a very good make. Have two spare pairs of those available. Lighter than the champion olympics and super olympics. Can send details if you wish. Will be a lot cheaper than a pair of the dearer champions.

Hello Nickm

Yes please, send me the details via PM, we maybe able to do a deal

Sunbeam,

I have and use Varga 3000 for ISSF Pistol (37mm lens), Varga 3000 for Benchrest Rifle (23 mm lens) (using iron sights) & MEC Glass for ISSF rifle (23 mm lens).

The build quality of the MEC is higher, but in practical use, the Varga 3000s do everything they need to do

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ