Thread: FX Crown

FX Crown

Afternoon all.

A couple of weeks ago I had a couple of hours shooting my mates Crown in Forrest Laminate and it was most enjoyable. The gun felt just right in the shoulder and the balance almost spit on. If I had the money I would be sitting here cleaning it instead of my Daystate R type.

Now I’ve racked up enough over time to replace the boiler and if lucky a new rifle may or may not be joining my collection.
    Mi am in negotiation with a chap at work over his HW97 in Laminate as I’ve been wanting to get back into springers for a while.

The springer is a no brainier but adding the PCP though doable could cause an instant divorce. My problem is that I feel in love with it.
    So chaps do any of you own one is it worth the high cost I’ve a few high cost rifles that are good dammed goo.

Go for it ,you only live once
    I am waiting for my one to come in but that is a FAC one ,such great guns to shoot, so defiantly go for it

Unless you can try it and are happy with it I would say no - not at this point in time. I would also say the crown comes into its own in FAC where you can make the most of the adjustments.

I have one in .22 blue laminate....as you say, lovely to shoulder, but grouping at 30 yards was pretty pants for what it is. Since the first session I have been tweaking the setup and I am almost there with a 5fps spread - reg pressure increased, hammer spring matched, all below 12ft lbs. I am now just hoping that the accuracy will follow with the relevant pellet testing etc.

If you get a good one then they are awesome....just make sure you are buying a good one . Right now it can't match my 100KT or Rapids in the same caliber. But I am convinced it will and like it so much that I am sticking with it.

Thanks
    Tim B

FX Clown 🤡

Crown

I also am looking into purchasing a crown.what I cant get my head around is why the laminate version is around £500 more than the synthetic?

Is it really going to be that much better than my wolverine ?
    Rob
    [B]To err is human to arr is pirate
    [

My .25 example just arrived on Wednesday after a 5 month wait. Mine is walnut and really is rather nice, much smaller and lighter than I expected. I haven't really shot it enough or owned it enough to give any long term impressions but the first groups at 50 yards with JSB kings were very small and it gets about 50 shots from a 200 bar fill (all I had left in my bottle) on maximum power. Mine is FAC but I am interested to see if it can be wound down to below 12 ftlbs just with the two dials on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyman1963 View Post
    Afternoon all.

A couple of weeks ago I had a couple of hours shooting my mates Crown in Forrest Laminate and it was most enjoyable. The gun felt just right in the shoulder and the balance almost spit on. If I had the money I would be sitting here cleaning it instead of my Daystate R type.

Now I’ve racked up enough over time to replace the boiler and if lucky a new rifle may or may not be joining my collection.
    Mi am in negotiation with a chap at work over his HW97 in Laminate as I’ve been wanting to get back into springers for a while.

The springer is a no brainier but adding the PCP though doable could cause an instant divorce. My problem is that I feel in love with it.
    So chaps do any of you own one is it worth the high cost I’ve a few high cost rifles that are good dammed goo.
    It must be one hell of an OT pay friend. Good luck.

A.G

Mine came In on Thursday synthetic stock .22 FAC . What a gun every thing I wanted , 18gr AA field running at 900 fps 33.5 ft/lbs on .22 setting max on wheel 128bar on reg . On full power 35 ft/lbs and what I like I can take this down to 11.5 Ft/lbs with these pellets .
    What other gun has all the adjustments apart from FX Impact which I have in .25 FAC

id say go for it bud

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    It must be one hell of an OT pay friend. Good luck.

A.G
    Yep but hard work