Thread: Edgun Leshiy trigger mod

Edgun Leshiy trigger mod

Just did the Leshiy trigger mod, the one where the stop screw is replaced with a spring plunger to make it feel a bit like a 2 stage trigger. Fantastic difference, would recommend it to anyone who dislikes the original "nothing-nothing-nothing-bang" style trigger. Took me about 8 minutes to complete, and I spent half of that searching for a 1.2mm allen key to fit the plunger I bought.

https://youtu.be/tXBAe-G8xkQ

The only thing I've done different is to source a delrin-tipped plunger because I was concerned that a steel ball running on the back of the trigger blade would leave a mark.

This mod also seems to cure the issue where the trigger is pulled with the safety on and then the gun fires as soon as the safety button is pushed into the off position, it holds the trigger blade far enough forwards to prevent the gun firing by itself.

Anyone else done the same? any issues I should know about?

I changed mine from an M4 over travel screw to an M5 spring plunger, works a treat. Does take a bit of fiddling with the adjustment though, to get the sear to reset every time. Before the hater's start, I do agree it should have had a better trigger from the outset given it's cost.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    I changed mine from an M4 over travel screw to an M5 spring plunger, works a treat. Does take a bit of fiddling with the adjustment though, to get the sear to reset every time. Before the hater's start, I do agree it should have had a better trigger from the outset given it's cost.

John
    I must have been blessed with the adjustment on mine, got it right first time, I advanced the screw about 1/12 of a turn at a time until the gun stopped cocking and then backed it off 1/12 of a turn and it worked. Put about 50 pellets thru since and it's still working fine, didn't bed in and need re-adjusting although I know that might still happen.

Is there a reason you went up to M5 with your spring plunger?

Totally agree about the standard trigger, no way I could live with it as it was, we're lucky that it fixes so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkshireDave View Post
    I must have been blessed with the adjustment on mine, got it right first time, I advanced the screw about 1/12 of a turn at a time until the gun stopped cocking and then backed it off 1/12 of a turn and it worked. Put about 50 pellets thru since and it's still working fine, didn't bed in and need re-adjusting although I know that might still happen.

Is there a reason you went up to M5 with your spring plunger?

Totally agree about the standard trigger, no way I could live with it as it was, we're lucky that it fixes so easily.
    I went to an M5 spring plunger as I couldn't get the sear to reset with an M4 ball plunger. The M5 has more over travel which allowed the sear to reset.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Just did the Leshiy trigger mod, the one where the stop screw is replaced with a spring plunger to make it feel a bit like a 2 stage trigger. Fantastic difference, would recommend it to anyone who dislikes the original "nothing-nothing-nothing-bang" style trigger. Took me about 8 minutes to complete, and I spent half of that searching for a 1.2mm allen key to fit the plunger I bought.

https://youtu.be/tXBAe-G8xkQ

The only thing I've done different is to source a delrin-tipped plunger because I was concerned that a steel ball running on the back of the trigger blade would leave a mark.

This mod also seems to cure the issue where the trigger is pulled with the safety on and then the gun fires as soon as the safety button is pushed into the off position, it holds the trigger blade far enough forwards to prevent the gun firing by itself.

Anyone else done the same? any issues I should know about?
    hi dave, can I ask where you sourced the plunger from mate, cheers tim

Quote Originally Posted by badgerginger View Post
    hi dave, can I ask where you sourced the plunger from mate, cheers tim
    https://www.mscdirect.co.uk/VLR-1500...D/product.html

thanks dave

Hi Dave

Have you changed the plunger only or you have used spring as well?
    Atb.

Quote Originally Posted by arto1977 View Post
    Hi Dave

Have you changed the plunger only or you have used spring as well?
    Atb.
    Just the plunger at this point, didn't see the need for the spring.

Cheers mate.
    Looks straight forward so I will give it a try.
    That delivery cost tho...

M4 plunger

If you go the slow boat from China route a bag of 10 costs £2.50p .