Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
Ooh... how much are Bob's blocks ? I recall him starting that project a couple of years back but never knew they made it to production...

He had 20 blocks in the first run, I am not 100% sure but another batch are due very soon, he also makes mk4 trigger cassettes, pinch bolts and mags, that should make sourcing the rest of the parts easier.

There are some advantages to the new blocks.
twin pinch bolts and a ball indent for quick, repeatable barrel changes.
Bigger pre and valve chamber volume. (Big advantages in fac particularly high power fac)
Weaver rail for repeatable scope and nv fitment and use of readily available mounts.

What I am not 100% convinced about is the ambi configuration, yes is does mean it can be used either way but I am right handed so will never use that left handed. A simple cNc programme could rattle of say 40 right and 10 left handed versions at the flick of a switch.

The other thing to consider is the block is 15mm longer so the bottle sticks 15mm further forward in the stock. Fine if you have a mfr stock or a custom made. Swapping over to a 480cc carbon buddy bottle does bring it back closer.

I have to say, the custom raffle gun did shoot nice.

Bb