Thread: WHY do rapids bring silly money now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

rapids

HI,Bsa r10 nice looking guns very accurat lots of shots, allso daystate air ranger or wolverin or wolf lots of shots and supper accurit, and both companys are thriveing ,and i am not talking about tuned gun as they all can be made beter i am on about out of the box without spending cash on them , i have had daystate for years now and only have realy good things to say about them , like all guns you allways get a odd bad one the bigest problem is low power but that down to law now and bad press.i have to daystate which outstanding with accuracy .ATB fife

Rapid

Bob, youre never going to win this one mate. The rapids have an almost cult following. I know. My mfr was awesome. Should have kept it. Ive had a couple of r10's, one tuned and huma regged. Still didnt rate it and in all honesty, you couldnt give me another. Never had a daystate but did like how comfy your mk4 was when you had it down yesterday. Not keen on electrics in rifles though. Had a few rapids over the years and if it was a choice between a rapid, bsa or a daystate it would be a rapid everytime. I do find the bolt a bit clunky compared to a hw100 sidelever but they are great rifles. My mk2 i bought from new was a great gun, never serviced in 10yrs and never missed a beat.

I bought my late Mk1 Rapid (the one with the better trigger) a few months ago form Freeadds. I paid the guy £750 for it and then another £150 on top for a load of extras like bottle, scope, mounts, mags etc.

Did I pay too much, I don't think so. The gun is absolutely fantastic and it mint condition, I love everything about it, to me, it was worth every penny including the 8 hour drive in the middle of the night to collect it !!

rapid 7

Good morning all, I still think that rapids are bringing silly money and i am on about run of the mill guns, not like a new one were you get a guarantee for 3yr with some gun makers, and yes we can put new baffels in or a better silencer on to make it quieter but i am on about out of the box standard gun, But i dont care what anyone says they are now bringing to much money i work hard for mine and look at it hard before i part with it , but its your money at the end of the day happy shooting ,ATB fife.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Oh no, this is going to cause a spike in the Rapid prices!

Let’s look at it another way, I would have to sell 3 -4 of my rapids at silly prices just to be able to afford 1 new gun, form the likes of daystate, steyr and RAW. A fair trade? Probably not.

Bb

rapid

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    Let’s look at it another way, I would have to sell 3 -4 of my rapids at silly prices just to be able to afford 1 new gun, form the likes of daystate, steyr and RAW. A fair trade? Probably not.

Bb
    why a new gun there are lots of used guns ,tip tip and at resonabel price to , i used to shoot rapids years ago all the time so i no how the shoot , But there is other top guns out there, i will shoot what is there at the time ,and to be totaly honest theres not a lot of gun these day that are not accurit, but its back to the price no blinkers on me.lol. atb bob

Quote Originally Posted by fife View Post
    HI,Bsa r10 nice looking guns very accurat lots of shots, allso daystate air ranger or wolverin or wolf lots of shots and supper accurit, and both companys are thriveing ,and i am not talking about tuned gun as they all can be made beter i am on about out of the box without spending cash on them , i have had daystate for years now and only have realy good things to say about them , like all guns you allways get a odd bad one the bigest problem is low power but that down to law now and bad press.i have to daystate which outstanding with accuracy .ATB fife
    R10 is certainly a good looking rifle but as is well known has been plagued with problems, are they now sorted ? I'm not sure.
    It hardly qualifies as being anywhere near the same class either.

The £1300-£1800 price I quoted are Daystate prices from a well known shop, Even the classic "everyman's starter" PCP the S410 is now £700+ from the same dealer

So I'd say that you have supported my post#2 not contradicted it.