Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: WHY do rapids bring silly money now

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Yet lots of us would say that's the best design of Mag out there, I've never seen a better one

They may well be old "tech" but it works & is user serviceable, I'd rather have my old Rapids than any other airgun on the market today,
    As for Ugly compared to many of the modern offerings like the god awful new FX's or these "bullpup" things a MK2 is a work of art.
    All of the above.

I enjoy shooting but I enjoy tinkering more, if I had a gun that shot perfectly and need nothing doing other than a charge of air and a change of battery, I would get bored with it really quickly.

Other than the RAW (which is a rapid with a side lever) the only gun I would consider is a steyr, which is old tech and user serviceable, it even makes a rapid look pretty.

Bb

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    got to admit that no gun as the cult following that a rapid as.i dare say most rapid owners have more than one example of the gun.
    kevG

Quote Originally Posted by kevG View Post
    got to admit that no gun as the cult following that a rapid as.i dare say most rapid owners have more than one example of the gun.
    kevG
    Some might have 50 +

Interesting read guys, I didn't like the Rapid when it first came out but it did improve looks wise or maybe I got use to it.

I got one of the last factory ones from the Theoben seized stock and after that I had to have more, ended up with seven.

My favourite is the MFR, it just feels right and does everything you ask of it.

The only comparable gun on the market is the HW100 but then my one is heavily modified.

So is it fair to say that the majority of us feel that the current prices Rapids go for is reasonable compared to what else is out there, both new and old? Although prices seem to have increased over the past 18 months I still think they represent good value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubster View Post
    So is it fair to say that the majority of us feel that the current prices Rapids go for is reasonable compared to what else is out there, both new and old? Although prices seem to have increased over the past 18 months I still think they represent good value for money.
    Yes, too right, proper engineering you rarely see the likes of nowadays.