Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WHY do rapids bring silly money now

hi, i'm with guy on this don't know who gets silly money for them,Had my mk1 up that's got kev's reg in for £500 and still got it.atb mick

Everything that has been said so far!

There is very little in a molested rapid that can’t be put right fairly easily, the only things that would concern me are the threads on the HP fittings and damage to the valve bore in the block.

I was at the range on Saturday with my rapids, while I was using my . 177 mfr a fella came up to me and said “ I thought my hw100 fitted with a wh mod was quiet but that is just nuts!” So I got out one of my quieter rapids to show him

A bit later on, another guy asked my grandson what he was shooting at, he replied “foam practice golf balls, on the 100mtr range” the look of surprise on the guys face when on of the balls jumped into the air was worth paying the £2range fee

Why do I like rapids?....

I have No idea

Bb

Skipton on a farm on the moors with 100s of sheep

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    Everything that has been said so far!

There is very little in a molested rapid that can’t be put right fairly easily, the only things that would concern me are the threads on the HP fittings and damage to the valve bore in the block.

I was at the range on Saturday with my rapids, while I was using my . 177 mfr a fella came up to me and said “ I thought my hw100 fitted with a wh mod was quiet but that is just nuts!” So I got out one of my quieter rapids to show him

A bit later on, another guy asked my grandson what he was shooting at, he replied “foam practice golf balls, on the 100mtr range” the look of surprise on the guys face when on of the balls jumped into the air was worth paying the £2range fee

Why do I like rapids?....

I have No idea

Bb
    Top post that bucketboy and that bit at the range with the foam golf ball jumping up in the air on the 100mtr range, That just made me laugh so much i nearly swallowed my whole pot of co co all at once and it was a pint pot full
    "IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, DO PENCILS MISSPELL WORDS ?"

Quote Originally Posted by fife View Post
    HI All, there are british made guns very accurat with a buddy bottel even a air gauge on lol, and not £1300 -£1800 ,and look a lot nicer but it was the price, I found 10 or more yrs ago what rapids that was about had been well tamped with one way or another but its the price , I often wonder why thoben when bust ,and you cannot blame who took them over,atb fife
    So what are these guns ??

And yes you can blame the people who took Theoben over, because they were in charge when it happened.

rapids

HI,Bsa r10 nice looking guns very accurat lots of shots, allso daystate air ranger or wolverin or wolf lots of shots and supper accurit, and both companys are thriveing ,and i am not talking about tuned gun as they all can be made beter i am on about out of the box without spending cash on them , i have had daystate for years now and only have realy good things to say about them , like all guns you allways get a odd bad one the bigest problem is low power but that down to law now and bad press.i have to daystate which outstanding with accuracy .ATB fife

Rapid

Bob, youre never going to win this one mate. The rapids have an almost cult following. I know. My mfr was awesome. Should have kept it. Ive had a couple of r10's, one tuned and huma regged. Still didnt rate it and in all honesty, you couldnt give me another. Never had a daystate but did like how comfy your mk4 was when you had it down yesterday. Not keen on electrics in rifles though. Had a few rapids over the years and if it was a choice between a rapid, bsa or a daystate it would be a rapid everytime. I do find the bolt a bit clunky compared to a hw100 sidelever but they are great rifles. My mk2 i bought from new was a great gun, never serviced in 10yrs and never missed a beat.

I bought my late Mk1 Rapid (the one with the better trigger) a few months ago form Freeadds. I paid the guy £750 for it and then another £150 on top for a load of extras like bottle, scope, mounts, mags etc.

Did I pay too much, I don't think so. The gun is absolutely fantastic and it mint condition, I love everything about it, to me, it was worth every penny including the 8 hour drive in the middle of the night to collect it !!

rapid 7

Good morning all, I still think that rapids are bringing silly money and i am on about run of the mill guns, not like a new one were you get a guarantee for 3yr with some gun makers, and yes we can put new baffels in or a better silencer on to make it quieter but i am on about out of the box standard gun, But i dont care what anyone says they are now bringing to much money i work hard for mine and look at it hard before i part with it , but its your money at the end of the day happy shooting ,ATB fife.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Oh no, this is going to cause a spike in the Rapid prices!

Let’s look at it another way, I would have to sell 3 -4 of my rapids at silly prices just to be able to afford 1 new gun, form the likes of daystate, steyr and RAW. A fair trade? Probably not.

Bb

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    hi, i'm with guy on this don't know who gets silly money for them,Had my mk1 up that's got kev's reg in for £500 and still got it.atb mick
    Have to agree with you and BBS member guy. I have sold a few over the last year and have ended up breaking them to get them sold. Some people made stupidly low offers. If there are people who will pay silly money for Rapids I never found them, indeed quite the opposite. I might add as well that these were all really nice examples that were for sale.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Have to agree with you and BBS member guy. I have sold a few over the last year and have ended up breaking them to get them sold. Some people made stupidly low offers. If there are people who will pay silly money for Rapids I never found them, indeed quite the opposite. I might add as well that these were all really nice examples that were for sale.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    So I suppose the question has to be what should I be looking to pay for a very nice untampered with example of a Rapid, Mk1 and Mk2. It would certainly help me in my quest to procure one if I knew what the going rate was. I would have said £500 to £550 for a Mk1 and £550 to £650 for a Mk2. Am I miles away in my assumptions??
    Last edited by ken69; 08-10-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fife View Post
    HI,Bsa r10 nice looking guns very accurat lots of shots, allso daystate air ranger or wolverin or wolf lots of shots and supper accurit, and both companys are thriveing ,and i am not talking about tuned gun as they all can be made beter i am on about out of the box without spending cash on them , i have had daystate for years now and only have realy good things to say about them , like all guns you allways get a odd bad one the bigest problem is low power but that down to law now and bad press.i have to daystate which outstanding with accuracy .ATB fife
    R10 is certainly a good looking rifle but as is well known has been plagued with problems, are they now sorted ? I'm not sure.
    It hardly qualifies as being anywhere near the same class either.

The £1300-£1800 price I quoted are Daystate prices from a well known shop, Even the classic "everyman's starter" PCP the S410 is now £700+ from the same dealer

So I'd say that you have supported my post#2 not contradicted it.

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    So I suppose the question has to be what should I be looking to pay for a very nice untampered with example of a Rapid, Mk1 and Mk2. It would certainly help me in my quest to procure one
    Well If you insist it must be "un-tampered with" then you will pretty much have to pay what the seller asks, because in that state they are very few & far between

Educated guess £650+ for a mk1, £750+ for a mk2, & a bit more for a TTR or S-type

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post

Kindest regards

Barrel
    Had you owned the rifles you sold over the last year for a long time?